H.pulchripes and the big enclosure rework weekend

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Well, I got a lot of enclosures in last week. I set up a few the other day and did some more today. I'll be posting photos as I get a chance to show them off a bit. Enjoy!

Here are some from the H.pulchripes rehouse. I gave them 3 to 4 inches of substrate and each one had a cork starter burrow. I included fake plants for webbing. I'm excited to see what they do with the new homes.

Last edited:

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Dem legs tho :happy:

Great enclosures, I'm sure they'll turn a house into a home very soon. Be sure to post pictures when they've done so.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I'm fascinated by that water bottle on the left, I read 'Aquafina' on the label... more or less an Italian themed word :-s

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I'm fascinated by that water bottle on the left, I read 'Aquafina' on the label... more or less an Italian themed word :-s
You're always entertained by common water bottles. You did the same thing with a picture of mine :rofl: Do they package water in bags where you live?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
You're always entertained by common water bottles. You did the same thing with a picture of mine :rofl: Do they package water in bags where you live?
While you are correct my man (I remember that, was on the picture with you at the expo) being completely honest I love details... I'm sure Trenor remember when I mentioned an electric plug months ago :pompous:

Aaronsp10

ARACHNERD
i cant get enough of those blue legs.. beautiful looking for a H. pulchripes desktop background now :)

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Dem legs tho :happy:

Great enclosures, I'm sure they'll turn a house into a home very soon. Be sure to post pictures when they've done so.
I know, they have even better colors with the daylight bulb instead of the wash out flash. You know me. I'll be posting photos everywhere. :D

Trenor

Arachnoprince
While you are correct my man (I remember that, was on the picture with you at the expo) being completely honest I love details... I'm sure Trenor remember when I mentioned an electric plug months ago :pompous:
Hahaha, yeah, I remember the electrical outlet. :D
That is my fill bottle for large cups. I got it at a 5K run I did and it's been refilled ever since to water the Ts with. I know nothing of the company or name meaning.
Discuss. :)

Trenor

Arachnoprince
i cant get enough of those blue legs.. beautiful looking for a H. pulchripes desktop background now :)
Thanks, I posted a closer shot a while back if you want a better image for the desktop. It's in my gallery.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
What gourgous sp. I have to get a few this summer..

Nice set ups btw ;)..
They are pretty neat. In the delicup stage they didn't hide a lot even though I gave them some sub to burrow in. Pretty mid as baboons go but so far most of my baboons have been. You'll enjoy them.
Thanks, I was pretty proud of how they came out.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
You had my attention, but now you have my interest. Care to elaborate?
I have a soft box that uses a bulb that gives off the same wavelength light you would have if you took the photo on a lightly overcast afternoon. You know how people often take photos outside and say this how my T looks in normal daylight. You get the same deal without having to carry the T outside.

Here it is. I place it high above the table as a constant light source. It gives me the same lighting as if I were outside. I use it for portraits and other photo setups as well.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I have a soft box that uses a bulb that gives off the same wavelength light you would have if you took the photo on a lightly overcast afternoon. You know how people often take photos outside and say this how my T looks in normal daylight. You get the same deal without having to carry the T outside.

Here it is. I place it high above the table as a constant light source. It gives me the same lighting as if I were outside. I use it for portraits and other photo setups as well.
Is that the same kind of lights they use for people working nightshifts or suffer from seasonal depression? Or is it more for photography?

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Is that the same kind of lights they use for people working nightshifts or suffer from seasonal depression? Or is it more for photography?
It's mainly for photography though I image it could be used for those other things. By any spectrum test you would not be able to tell it from normal daylight so any disorder that shows improvement form being out in the sun could benefit from it. In places where there is long periods of time where you don't have daylight or can't go out in it due to weather it would likely help out. Still you wouldn't have the fresh air and the relaxing breeze that comes from being outside on a nice spring day so if you can grab those I'd rather have them :)

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member

Love it! Although I still don't get how your pictures are so in-focus without a flash. It's almost like my camera won't focus without an actual flash. Ah, but enough of me hijacking your thread, apologies :p