H. piggas "crater"

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Since I just got through playing hypocrite on the "unnecessary feeder" thread I figure what the heck? Lets take it one step further.

When my pulchra slings are small, I frequently feed them pre-killed prey items as large as themselves. However, I've noticed with them that if the prey is too much they'll stop and leave it partially uneaten. Although they appear full after such meals they never look bloated out proportion.

Enter .25-.5" H gigas sling- All I can say is..... daaaang! I don't have a battery for the camera. It's butt is ginormous and white. That CAN'T be comfortable! The little dude just ate a cricket twice his size and left but a few pieces of legs. This ain't all that funny....but it kinda is {D I'm definitely going to make sure the feeders are a little smaller next go around for "Crater"

Terry

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Tommy, Darn straight. I'm sure happy with it! Thank again. :D

My Lps is always giving me # of other locals into inverts- usually people wanting to sell roseas or sump'n along those lines. A friend of mine who's a biologist/herpetologist here at LSUS got me in touch with another local keeper who's been keeping since '87. He's got a mf H gigas and a few others. Says he's looking for a mf C crawshayi at present. Gonna go take a peek at the collect this weekend, hopefully. :)

Terry

possumburg

Arachnosquire
I sarted to give mine crickets but decided to cut a small mealworm in half for them. One kinda ran from it, but got it after I closed the lid. The other one.......WHAM he drilled that thing like it was gonna get away!! These little suckers are awesome! Tommy you are DA MAN!