H. Petersii died after fasting for 6 months

hennibbale

Arachnosquire
Once a week I tried offering him various feeders such as crickets, mealworms, superworms and 2 types of roaches; still nothing, he refused to eat (even if he did before).

It's been moving and making noise for all the 6 months but yesterday and today - that seemed weird, so I checked with a brush on the lying critter - no response.

The setup is an exoterra large faunarium, a big waterdish that I usually overflowed, 24°C.

Any ideas on what the cause of death was?

soldierof4cheese

Arachnoknight
Have two of the same species, they are strangely quite. My emperors were always on the move at night but these petersii are a lot different.
They both hide all the time, one comes out at night but for short periods of time. My setup is at 30c to 32c in the day and 24c to 22c at night, with 80% humidity, should be perfect.
I am sorry to hear about your loss, fortunate they are abundant for sale rite now, seems like every one is selling them. My two eat well but are very timid for sure. Sound like yours may have just been at the end of its life, I try to match the temps and humidity of southern Vietnam, got the tank full of plants and organic soils. I will post a picture in a bit.