H. petersii communal ?

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
Hey everybody! I have a brood of 1st or 2nd instar H. petersii scorplings. (They have all molted once so not sure if that makes them 1st or 2nd instars). I had an idea to keep them all communally until I can sell them off, rather than having them each live separately. Could this work out? or would you end up with just one fat scorp? What size enclosure would you need?

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Personally, I would keep them apart. Just ensures that none eat each other, young to juvie scorps are more prone to do that (I believe). Also, super interested in those little guys, might buy some near X-mas :D Exactly how small are they?

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
Personally, I would keep them apart. Just ensures that none eat each other, young to juvie scorps are more prone to do that (I believe). Also, super interested in those little guys, might buy some near X-mas :D Exactly how small are they?
I have not measured them, about an inch I'd say.

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Love those scorps, but yeah. Hate to see any of them eaten by siblings. May as well play it safe IMO if you are selling them :D

vespers

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
adults are ok to keep together but i dont recommend keeping them together until adulthood
Not always. I've had a Heterometrus turn on another and kill it, after months of seemingly peaceful cohabitation. Needless to say, that specimen is housed alone now.