H paucidens pair

elportoed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They are looking pretty thin. They were really fat a few months back when I got them. They have not fed since I have them. A member told me that his would feed until they were very fat. And they would stop eating for months, getting really thin, and then they would resume eating again. Does someone else have similar experience?

Female:

Male:

SixShot666

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
First off nice pick up!!!:clap::clap::clap:

My female H.Paucidens eat like a pig. She'll scarf down 5 crickets and a half dozen mealworms a week!!!

On the other hand the male that I have one eat once a month. Most of the time when I put a cricket into his enclosure and he haven't eaten it within 2-3 days, I end up feeding it to the female.

elportoed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My female H.Paucidens eat like a pig. She'll scarf down 5 crickets and a half dozen mealworms a week!!!
That's quite an eater. What temp do you keep them? Mine is kept in high 70s-high 80s. They don't seem to want to eat.

SixShot666

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
That's quite an eater. What temp do you keep them? Mine is kept in high 70s-high 80s. They don't seem to want to eat.
Room temperature 75-80F

Of course if you raise the temperature a little, it might get them to eat. There are other members on this forum who said that their H.Paucidens were like a pet rock. But chances are this species of scorpion aren't voracious eater like the Parabuthus Transvaalicus or even the Babycurus Jacksoni.

elportoed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sixshot, are yours always good eaters? Did they ever stop feeding for a while?

Another question, do they stop molting once they mature? Or do they would molt less often?

deathwing

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
they take ages before they molt, once they reach 7i, they will stop molting...