H. paucidens. Adult?

makis

Arachnopeon
Hi, I have there a H. paucidens female. I own it about a year now. Doesn't molt any time, so I think, maybe she's an adult. What do You think? :) (A matchbox lenght ~5 cm.) Thank you. :worship:

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
adults are quite big, and i really dont think thats an adult at all.

remember, these are slow growing, and live a LONG time, and have long periods between molts. ive heard stories of it taking MONTHS to go from 2i-3i and the such!

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
1. Why do you guys think it is not adult?
2. Bam, the link you posted is about another species H.troglodytes, the thread is about H.paucidens. What is the use of that?

BAM1082

Arachnoknight
I thought that Hadogenes were the longest scorpions...
A 5cm~ doesn’t seem to be big enough...

Do the sizes vary greatly between species??

Guess I shouldn't have been so definitive in my answer. Definitely not an expert.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
There are diff sizes with Hadogenes species, H. paucidens generally smaller than troglodytes, still a nice size scorp though. Hard for me to tell which are adults with Hadogenes if they have one more molt to go. The first posted could be adult going by the thick chela. BAM1082's looks like a fat juv to me, doesn't look premolt to me though, just fat. I like the rock/slat you used there BAM.

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
There are diff sizes with Hadogenes species, H. paucidens generally smaller than troglodytes, still a nice size scorp though. Hard for me to tell which are adults with Hadogenes if they have one more molt to go. The first posted could be adult going by the thick chela. BAM1082's looks like a fat juv to me, doesn't look premolt to me though, just fat. I like the rock/slat you used there BAM.
Okay, we are getting somewhere, comparing morphometrics. Yes, the chela size, what can we say about other structures.

Hint:metasomal segments.......