H. minax or H. sp. "aureopilosum"?

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Bought this one about a year ago. What is it??? I'm leaning towards the latter from what's been posted on here in the past....

Scott

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My guess would be aureopilosum. The amber colored highlights sure don't make it look too much like a minax. Of course that's just a guess. You know the whole thing about id'ing a T by color or a pic. Most minaxes I've seen are noticeably darker that that one though.

Atrax

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
My "aureopilosum" looks similar to that in pattern, but is quite darker. Almost black but for the halo around the carapace and the lightish brown on the abdomen. However, I spent 2 hours digging through posts last night, and I have to say it resembles the majority of the "aureopilosums" I've seen.

Bill

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
On second thought.. Considering a good light source this time, I think mine looks exactly like yours..

Bill

Attachments

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I showed this picture to West..

And he's thinking this one is H minax. Thought it might help you for comparison Scott. Yours does seem to have a lighter abdomen than mine. My guess would be that you are right.

Phil

Haploman

ArachnoEarthTiger
Old Timer
in the past threads

definately Haplopelma sp. "aureopilosum" Martin Huber and Volker von Wirth will agree:D

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It is definately a Haplopelma aureopilosum. Here is a picture of mine for comparison. Oh, wait! Mine's just a sling. I can't wait untill the black shows up.

;P =D Big Dragonfly=D ;P

Last edited:

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Hey Martin,

Since Volker hasn't published yet, doesn't that mean that Rick's photo's aren't really misidentified until he does? ;)

Scott