H. Minax? Female?

JasonAld

Arachnopeon
I just bought this T from a pet store. The shop owner said it was a female H.minax, its about 3 inches. I doubt that its a minax. I bought it without any idea because it was kept in a bad condition for more than 2 months already. It was in a deli cup, no substrate and poor ventilation. Is this really a minax? Pls. help..

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Don't think you have a Haplopelma there.My guess is something in the subfamily Selenocosmiinae!
-Chris

JasonAld

Arachnopeon
I see.. Thanks. Any idea what exactly is this T?

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

Any idea, anyone?

kevin88

Arachnopeon
hmm what about Chaetopelma olivaceum? Just a guess as well though :p

Kevin

JasonAld

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the help everyone. I guess this T is still a mystery. LOL!
Hope this will help. She always stays in her burrow, she made it her self. Very nervous and fast. Never shown a threat display.

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Def not a Chilobrachys or Chaetopelma.I'm confident your spider is most likely an Orphnaecus or Selenocosmia species.I can't say for sure which one tho sorry!
Quite a nice looking spider tho!
-Chris

seanbond

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Def not a Chilobrachys or Chaetopelma.I'm confident your spider is most likely an Orphnaecus or Selenocosmia species.I can't say for sure which one tho sorry!
-Chris
i 2nd this!

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Not an H. minax, bro but if you bought this from aranque market, this is probably one of our local Ts.

JasonAld

Arachnopeon
-Chris
I guess I need to do some research. Yup, she really is a nice looking spider. This is my 4th T. I'm just new in the hobby. 4 T's and 1 scorp. Thank you very much for the help.

---------- Post added at 06:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 AM ----------

Not an H. minax, bro but if you bought this from aranque market, this is probably one of our local Ts.
Hey kabayan. I bought it in a pet store. Was labeled "Thai Black", so I asked the shop owner if it is a h. minax and he said yes. I already knew that time that it wasn't because its not pure black. Local T huh? Cool, never thought that we have T's like this.