H. Maculata

mischiefhaze

Arachnopeon
I have an H maculata on the way (well ordered, but this is the second week to be delayed due to heat), and I am trying to keep myself from adding the 4inch female to the order lol.

I figured I would use this time to get some feedback from everyone on this species.

Care tips, general temperament, enclosure set up, and anything else that comes to mind. I have already done research, but I want to hear from anyone with insight and/or experience with these guys.

Thanks

Take care

Big Red TJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
We have 3 hope it isn't your first old world.....fast and I mean FAST

Not hard to keep but you said you researched it right?? So you should be ok don't get bit...

neubii18

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
they ARE SUPER FAST!probably faster than a pokie.like the guy above me said,I hope this isn't your first old world.and also,DON'T GET BIT!

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Good luck ever seeing him! I only know mine is alive because once in awhile his molt will appear.......he is invisible....

Mr. Irminia

Arachnopeon
H.maculata

As slings they will hide , but my 5" girl is usually out were i can see her. I keep mine at 84 degrees and mist once a week, use a typical arboreal setup with a corkbark slab and she should do just fine. Also 12" tongs are a must for this species. Good luck!

aluras

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Fun species, Easy to breed (female ate male-in my case) I have a 5+" female and she is out as often as she hides, so I think that it really depends. Make sure you have a water source(small dish) in with your T(unless its a sling,then just mist it) and some sticks or other (real or fake) foliage for them to create an appropriate nest/home out of. As everyone has said before.....These are FAST. My wife calls them "The Teleporting Kind" so be careful with this one. They are also Beautiful so there is a good pay off.
~Aaron