H maculata juvie interior design?

ArborealLotus

Arachnosquire
Hey! Been a sec since I been on, but have gone from 6 Ts (that are posted about on the forums) to 10 and #10 is the long awaited and prepared for Heteroscodra maculata!

They burrow as slings, and eventually transition to the heights / depths of their arboreal hide. Mine is 2 maaaybe 2.5” and since that transition may or may not be very soon, I’d like to have BOTH options available to it. I’d love your ideas on the interior decorating : ).

Here’s the enclosure I’ve modified for it (5x6x8 w/ 2.5 capacity for sub) and the newbie:

7798D7FD-8540-429A-99D6-D5067DEA2972.jpeg
82B273E2-985B-4C4C-AB56-67F7CE8CB585.jpeg

P.S. I’d like the thread to not include warnings and “you’ll never see it out” kinda things. Let’s focus on giving this species its best life from the T’s perspective, rather than ours ; ) 🕷🤗!

Last edited:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey! Been a sec since I been on, but have gone from 6 Ts (that are posted about on the forums) to 10 and #10 is the long awaited and prepared for Heteroscodra maculata!

They burrow as slings, and eventually transition to the heights / depths of their arboreal hide. Mine is 2 maaaybe 2.5” and since that transition may or may not be very soon, I’d like to have BOTH options available to it. I’d love your ideas on the interior decorating : ).

Here’s the enclosure I’ve modified for it (5x6x8 w/ 2.5 capacity for sub) and the newbie:

View attachment 382368
View attachment 382367

P.S. I’d like the thread to not include warnings and “you’ll never see it out” kinda things. Let’s focus on giving this species its best life from the T’s perspective, rather than ours ; ) 🕷🤗!
Each specimen is different.

If one has provided a nice setup, you may very well almost never see it, as I rarely saw mine.

I’m not sure how telling someone they may rarely see a very secretive species because a setup is properly designed is not focused on giving that specimen “its best life” from its perspective.

Most T species don’t want to be seen for any reason.

I’d give it a proper setup, I hope you don’t see it.

Not sure what that statement of yours is all about ??

Sterls

Arachnobaron
Not sure if you'll be able to really give it "both options" with how low that litter dam is. If that's your goal I'd say slope the sub back as much as you can.

Deco wise I'd do the standard fare. Cork, plastic plants to provide extra cover.

ArborealLotus

Arachnosquire
Each specimen is different.

If one has provided a nice setup, you may very well almost never see it, as I rarely saw mine.

I’m not sure how telling someone they may rarely see a very secretive species because a setup is properly designed is not focused on giving that specimen “its best life” from its perspective.

Most T species don’t want to be seen for any reason.

I’d give it a proper setup, I hope you don’t see it.

Not sure what that statement of yours is all about ??
Yeh I’m not really sure what I was playing at at the end there. Coulda been the beer. At the end of the day - it just IS the character of the hmac. Wicked fast and secretive.

Think overall was more curious of how others have interacted with varying setups.

I’ll just go with my instinct plan A and observe : ).

ArborealLotus

Arachnosquire
Not sure if you'll be able to really give it "both options" with how low that litter dam is. If that's your goal I'd say slope the sub back as much as you can.

Deco wise I'd do the standard fare. Cork, plastic plants to provide extra cover.
True, it’s not enough for a full 2xDLS or more of sub. But it is a third of the height and will offer just enough space such that it could be entirely submerged to some degree. Is just over 1xDLS.

Will play around with it and see what happens : ).

Last edited: