H. Maculata growth rate?

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
Fast!
A 1"+ sling (male) to maturity can take 16 months as one of mine did. Females average around 2 years.
All dependent on temperature and how often you feed. It varies.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Going to have to disagree, this is one of the slowest growing baboons I've kept. They rush to get to 2", then slow way down. My 3" juvie hasn't molted in over 6 months.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Growth rate varies from t to to.. even the same sp, from the same genus. You could have 10 sackmates, housed the exact same, and get 10 different results

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
generally speaking, pretty slow IME.. they seem to grow quickly then slow down.

Sephyiria

Arachnopeon
I see..thanks for the info guys. Got 2 H.Mac slings last week. Around 1/4" each. I guess it will take times before I get to see that ghostly appearance. ;)

cold blood

Staff member
Going to have to disagree, this is one of the slowest growing baboons I've kept. They rush to get to 2", then slow way down. My 3" juvie hasn't molted in over 6 months.
agreed, one of the slower growing baboons for sure.

Slings can be very sensitive to cage conditions as well....ive found them to be one of the more tricky slings to raise. Ive found drier is better than damp.

bryverine

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My boy matured from about 2-3" in just under a year. I keep room at 75-82 year round.

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
Got mine at around 2", it molted steadily every 3 months or so the first two times. After that it slowed.\
Hope this helps, they are stunning spiders.