H. maculata changing colors

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok my H. maculata is getting dark black smudges on him that mysteriously disapear. when I first got it it had one on the back of its carapace... that went away, now its back left knee and about a cm on each side is black, the other knee is normal and behind the fangs or the things the fangs come from anyway, on my other T's this is white, again dark black. its still eating about 1 cricket a week. it will not eat any more than this I tried. any idea as to what this might be? oh and it ate a cicket about and hour ago so I don't think its a molt

That_Guy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ummm......who big is it? Is it a sling? Juv? sub-adult? These sound weird to me. But I dont have a togo, so i might be off. That sounds weird, cause it didnt molt, it just changes. And thats what makes me think< What's going on?>

Just my thoughts:)

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
its a sub adult around 4" I wish I had a camera. does anyone know if those 20 dollar digital cameras at walmart are worth trying

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
oh and I've had it about a month and the leg thing started about two weeks ago

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by johnnyjohnjon
its a sub adult around 4" I wish I had a camera. does anyone know if those 20 dollar digital cameras at walmart are worth trying
I have one one and they suck, so I bought a $300 one that broke instead.:rolleyes: If you are able to take a 100 pics you may get two that are worth posting.

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
what about those disposable ones I saw on tv that you get the cd when you develope them

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
and one more thing, I still haven't seen that lightning fast togo yet. its actually fast but nowhere near as fast as my tiny usambara. and if is open the lid it just flattens out and never runs. I think its confident in its camoflage. maybe it is an upcoming molt but it sure is strange. should I increase the humidity

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
My togo does the same, if I knock the tank at all she either flattens out or runs to the top of her log where she feels safe. My Togo is about 3" and I feed it one cricket every other day which it demolishes off by the next morning. From what mine is like I think it should be eating more than 1 cricket a week but maybe it just isnt that hungry, thats how my Pinktoe is sometimes it will eat 3 crickets in one sitting and then other times 1 or sometimes none. I was worried for awhile but then she started eating again. I dont know about the color changing because I havent seen mine do that at all so u may wanna keep tabs on that.

peace

TheDon

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
hmm its possible... but all I know is that get rid of the mites asap! As i am sure you are already doing. That sux... i hope I never have to deal with mites.

peace

TheDOn

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
if you want a fantastic and fairly inexpensive camera, get a Fuji. you will never stop talking about how awesome they are...

i have a Fuji FinePix S602 Zoom and it was some of the best money i have ever spent, just check out the pics i've posted. they aren't even at the highest res!

anyway, yeah, Fuji, as far as digital cameras go, comparitively, they rock.