H. Maculata cause of death?

Spodermen

Arachnopeon
Hi,
So, I've recently bought 2 1-st instar H. Maculatas. Containers they were kept in were fit for their size but not very well ventilated. One of them died few hours after rehousing. I used eco earth for substrate. It was moist so I didn't feel like I needed to mist it. For now, the second one seems to fare well, and it burrowed itself. I keep my room at about 24-25C. Is there an obvious cause or am I just unlucky? I've heard that those slings aren't particularly fragile, so I fear for the safety of the second one.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
What @14pokies said. On top of that, this species is infamous for being very fragile as slings. I had two sac mates - one is still with me, the other died within weeks of me getting it. If you search online, my story isn't unique.

In the future, never buy 1i. I personally even try to avoid 2i and aim for 3i+.

Spodermen

Arachnopeon
@Misty Day I wouldn't call it wet, just a little moist. I haven't moisted it, just had some natural humidity.
@14pokies @EulersK I'll watch out next time. There wasn't much of a choice on the market day, when it comes to their sizes. They were either juv/sub or 1st instar. I hoped that if I could take them home by car I would avoid the dangers of online shopping, but apparently I was wrong. Well, I at least hope that the 2nd is all right.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
H macs are pretty fragile when young. i dont think you know what youre talking about when you said you bought them at 1st instar, can they move around and catch their food? if so, theyre second instar.

Spodermen

Arachnopeon
Sorry, I meant 2nd. I'm still a little confused by English names of development stages.
Edit: Where I live, we call them nymph 1, nymph 2, and then consecutive molts.