H.mac problem...

That_Guy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well, shes about 3'. Its IS a she. She hsnt eaten anything for about 5 weeks. And the thing im REALLY worried about is this cave in on her abdomen. She has glued her self to one spot. She wont move, even when I blow on her. I tried to touch her with my finger but she did nothing. What should I do? It sounds to me, like shes dieing. Should I get a shoebox and dig a hole?

nemesis6sic6

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
sad

well I really don't know whats wrong with her. How long have u had her? hope all goes well for you and ur togo hopefully shes not dieing thats sad. raise the temp i guess and umm raise humidity ( i dont think they like it humid) that is my guess may be it'll work. hope all goes well
geo

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
She could be getting ready to molt. Dont count a T out until its actually dead. They are pretty tough and good survivors. Trust me I have gone through the worrying before too but it always ended well. Keep your hopes up and maybe raise the humidity a bit. They dont like it too humid. My Togo just lost a leg in her last molt =( so I was kinda upset but she is fast as ever and has just eatin her first cricket since the molt. Keep an eye on her but dont bug her too much.

peace

TheDon

Palespider

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My H. maculata acts the same way. Almost like they're too smart to go freaking out about the littlest thing like blowing on them or touching them. SO secretive that the only chance I get to see her move is if I watch her for around 15 minutes without making a sound. Then she seems to think the coast is clear and she can go about her business :)

Just yesterday I got to see her drink for the first time and then she pouned on a cricket right in front of me. A very rare moment for me.

Jim B.

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
Ya they are definately smart, and they know whats going on around them, kinda like spidermans spider sense. Mine is the same way if you move around it stops but if you stop moving and sit still it will go back to what it was doing. Plus one thing with the H. Macs is I think thney rely on their camoflauge to hide themselves, if i spook mine when its on the ground it lies out flat and stops dead. And in the wild alot of diff animals do this, they stop and just blend in even if a predator touches them they stay 100% still in hopes that they werent noticed and then the predator will keep moving with the animal un-noticed maybe this is what your T is doing.

Peace

TheDon

Palespider

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
They do have remarkable camoflouge. It really blends them in with their webing too. Match that with something that webs up more than a Usambara and they're almost invisible :?

Jim B.

That_Guy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Im more worried about the 'cave in' on her abdomen. I dont lke the thought of a broken butt!:}