H Mac not eating

Jacobchinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This is not premolt she just molted a month ago so I can be sure it's not pre molt. She is about 4 or so inches. I know this is a common question but im going to be breeding her in a week or less so I need to feed her. Iv tried dubia roaches and super worms. Iv even tried the feeding tub. I just want to make sure she is ok before I breed her and that she doesn't kill my male.

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This is not premolt she just molted a month ago so I can be sure it's not pre molt. She is about 4 or so inches. I know this is a common question but im going to be breeding her in a week or less so I need to feed her. Iv tried dubia roaches and super worms. Iv even tried the feeding tub. I just want to make sure she is ok before I breed her and that she doesn't kill my male.
Could just be not hungry. My H. mac is finicky, only eats every third or fourth time I try and feed it. It's frustrating.

Jacobchinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If she doesn't eat because she is not hungry should I still go a head and breed her?

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If she doesn't eat because she is not hungry should I still go a head and breed her?
I've heard horror stories about breeding H. macs. I'd wait until she eats for you, if it were me. Or just be very, VERY careful, and be ready to rescue the male at a moment's notice.

Jacobchinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ok I'll wait for her to eat. I didn't realize they were hard to breed if that is what you ment by horror stories.

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ok I'll wait for her to eat. I didn't realize they were hard to breed if that is what you ment by horror stories.
No, no. Horror stories of them running around like wild beasts and being little race cars. Makes it tricky to keep tabs.

Jacobchinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Quote:
No, no. Horror stories of them running around like wild beasts and being little race cars. Makes it tricky to keep tabs.
Well fortunately mine is pretty mellow. I was able to prod it into a small Tupperware container without any running. All she did was give me a small threat posture. I don't think I've ever seen her strike only bared fangs. Also iv never seen her actualy run only sort of slowly move forward away from the tongs.