H. Longimanus

Lubed Tweezer

Arachnolord
There are no 'tell tale' signs of a scorpion being gravid.
Yours sure is a fat one, I'm leaning towards thinking yours is gravid.
When it is this fat for a while (longer than 4 months) then you could try to shine a bright light through the abdomen and look closely, you might be able to see tiny scorpions inside the abdomen.

Lubed Tweezer

Arachnolord
Examples of scorpion babies visible through the pleural membrane;

Androctonus_bicolor_7i_gravid.jpg Parabuthus_liosoma_gravid.jpg
Those little yellow dots are the embryos, at the last stage they are able to move a little.

Zora1999

Arachnopeon
It is proven sir here in our country that longimanus scorp are pathogenic... My friends have one popping without mating.

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
I have heard that before. Are they actually parthenogenetic though, or just wildcaught gravid?

Beetles

Arachnosquire
Wild caught gravid. It's a common mistake because of the fact that heterometrus has such a long gestation but its never been proven from a captive breed or captive born baby.

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
Here's a thread that was started a few years ago that started an experiment to find out if they are pathogenic or not but unfortunately the OP vanished and never had results:

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
Parthenogenesis has never been properly documented and once again this is yet another example. Where is photo and record documentation you have raised these up from birth and raised the brood(s) with males and females separated?

In fact, if it is this so commonplace in the Philippines particularly in the Palawan island populations why are males even necessary anymore?

The only evidence you provide is an adult female with brood? And to that any one with any brain should respond with a... so what 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

That female could have had contact with a male during any time during the whole length of its captivity. She could have stored the sperm until the most ideal time, season, and temperature in captivity.

popu

Arachnopeon
I am an Arachnologist... I take care this since scorplings then the mother died. I take care this for almost 3 years.

Many of the breeders and hobbyist proven this species are pathogenic...

You and other so called scientist just cant admit .

Why don't you take care of 1 and document it for your own belief. Rather than searching for others documentation.

Oh and there's other species that we found parthenogenic here .

The dwarf wood scorpion.

Diao

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have ...captive born since birth...then they pop out just in 5i
So not only are they parthenogenic, but they're producing offspring well before maturity as well? Do you have any other examples of this? I've heard of rumor of parthenogenesis in H. longimanus, but this is the first time I've heard of them giving birth before maturity. Other species have shown the ability to reproduce before adulthood, but the examples I've seen have always been just a single molt prior to maturity. Your specimen in the photo looks immature, but you're saying it's several molts away from adulthood at 5i? I would love to hear more about this if you have any other examples of this behavior, pretty awesome if it's commonplace for this to happen with this species.

TJ 68

Arachnopeon
With all Due Respect ; Wouldn't an Arachnologist Keep Documentation And/Or Publish a Paper Proving this? Is this not the Very Definition of what an Arachnologist is?

" Why don't you take care of 1 and document it for your own belief. Rather than searching for others documentation. " ..................................... Because We're Not Arachnologists

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
I am an Arachnologist... I take care this since scorplings then the mother died. I take care this for almost 3 years.

Many of the breeders and hobbyist proven this species are pathogenic...

You and other so called scientist just cant admit .

Why don't you take care of 1 and document it for your own belief. Rather than searching for others documentation.

Oh and there's other species that we found parthenogenic here .

The dwarf wood scorpion.

The burden of proof is you and your fellow Filipino scorpion keepers that insist on H. longimanus being parthenogenic. But all the whole world has gotten from you for DECADES is nothing but hearsay and word of mouth. We are supposed to believe any of you without any scientific studies and peer reviewed papers supporting you over the length of decades. Riiiight!

popu

Arachnopeon
So not only are they parthenogenic, but they're producing offspring well before maturity as well? Do you have any other examples of this? I've heard of rumor of parthenogenesis in H. longimanus, but this is the first time I've heard of them giving birth before maturity. Other species have shown the ability to reproduce before adulthood, but the examples I've seen have always been just a single molt prior to maturity. Your specimen in the photo looks immature, but you're saying it's several molts away from adulthood at 5i? I would love to hear more about this if you have any other examples of this behavior, pretty awesome if it's commonplace for this to happen with this species.
Yes... This just 2inchs don't know why suddenly pops out... Look scorplings now out of the back.

Attachments