H. Longimanus Wont eat!!!

LD50

Arachnolord
Old Timer
ive had it for 5 days and it wont eat it doesnt even touch the crickets whats wrong with her? Do they fast like Emperors?

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
They can fast. What is her setup like? Temps? Humidity? Hides?

Also, I notice you handle her. If she is stressed she may go off feed. You should give her some time to acclimatize to her surroundings.

Cheers,
Dave

LD50

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i have her in a 5 gallon tank with 4 inches of forest bed i dont know about the humidity i mist her 3 times a day i have a heat lamp with a 60 watt bulb on one side of the tank and of course a water dish and a hiding place.

Last edited:

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Bryan,

Misting does almost zilch for maintaining humidity. You should probably put some water in the bottom of the enclosure and restrict ventelation. They need it humid -- even more humid than emps.

The rest of your setup sounds okay. Only one hide? You need to provide an environment in which they can hide/burrow in multiple locations. Ultimatley, they will just pick one location -- but until you have figured out how to think like a scorpion, your guess is as good as mine as to where they will chose.

Other than that, you should leave it alone for a week or so to let it acclimatize to its new environment. You should then offer some prey items.

Cheers,
Dave