H.Longimanus premoult? Or just on a diet?

Insertcoolnamehere

Arachnopeon
So I've had my H.Longimanus for about 3 months now, and he's usually a good eater once a week either 2 crix or a mealworm. However recently (about 3 weeks) he hasn't eaten but will pinch the food when offered and then ignore it. Also he stays in his hide either by the heat pad on the side or in the burrowed hole he created hasn't been out of his hide in weeks he looks too small to moulin in my opinion but would like yours thanks in advance.

Attachments

Stugy

Arachnolord
Scorpions tend to fast for a while so either that or premolt. I've never actually experience a scorpion molt so if anyone else can come over and possibly confirm. Most of my scorpions fast for a while and then eat a lot. You shouldn't worry at all. :) nice scorpion btw

Insertcoolnamehere

Arachnopeon
Scorpions tend to fast for a while so either that or premolt. I've never actually experience a scorpion molt so if anyone else can come over and possibly confirm. Most of my scorpions fast for a while and then eat a lot. You shouldn't worry at all. :) nice scorpion btw
Thank you for the reply and for the compliment of my scorp. I'm trying to talk my mrs. into letting me get 3 more for vday.

Christianb96

Arachnoknight
as stugy said nothing to worry about. Scorpions can fast for months or it could just be getting ready to molt. best thing to do is let him do his own thing.

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
From the pics, doesn't look to be in premolt, probably not hungry.
As stated they can/will fast for extended periods. Offer prey and if not eaten within 48 hours, remove and try again next week.
A molt is soon to happen when the terglites (sp) show separation, its quite visible. Same is true with a gravid female.
Keep the substrate moist at all times and provide a water dish.
All mine are juveniles and have molted with no problems to date.

Collin Clary

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Couple of things:

1.) That's not a Heterometrus longimanus. It appears to be either a H. petersii or H. laoticus. I would need clear pictures of the carapace, chela, 5th metasomal segment, and pectines to confirm the ID.

2.) It appears to be an adult, so it will not molt.

Insertcoolnamehere

Arachnopeon
IMG_2556.JPG
Couple of things:

1.) That's not a Heterometrus longimanus. It appears to be either a H. petersii or H. laoticus. I would need clear pictures of the carapace, chela, 5th metasomal segment, and pectines to confirm the ID.

2.) It appears to be an adult, so it will not molt.
Just got it today premoult or gravid