H.Lividum sling molting?

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
He's in a small deli cup underneath a leaf with webbing all around him. I probably shouldn't have done this, but I checked to make sure that he wasn't dead and it appeared as if he was hanging upside down with the webbing around him. I know that H.Lividum's are terrestrials and burrowers that rarely come out, but supposing he was in a molting situation, would by checking up on him out of curiosity conflict his molt and cause stress that would do any potential harm to him?

I'm a newb to the Hap. genus and want to make sure I know what i'm doing. Have any of you guys had any molting mishaps or close calls?

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
if its on its back its molting, so dont bother it what-so-ever...hope the molt goes good.

MEXICOYA415

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I would just leave it alone and try not to worry too much about it. Mine always hangs out in his burrow and only seems to come up when hungry. As far as molting Iv'e noticed they tend to do it in their burrow. I don't know if it's common for this sp. but mine always seem to do it that way. During rehousing situations I tend to find the molts in their burrows.