H. lividum recovery

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You know, I have seen Cobalts with the blue carapace and abdomen, and I have seen them with the light creamy carapace and abdomen. But I think this is the darkest brown one that I have ever seen. It really reminds me of the carapace/abdomen of the Cyriopagopus paganus. Is this normal? It does look great?

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
She is beautiful!! Those are excellent colors :D What was wrong with the poor girl?

Originally posted by Ephesians
and another...

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Originally posted by Big Dragonfly
You know, I have seen Cobalts with the blue carapace and abdomen, and I have seen them with the light creamy carapace and abdomen. But I think this is the darkest brown one that I have ever seen. It really reminds me of the carapace/abdomen of the Cyriopagopus paganus. Is this normal? It does look great?

I think it has alot to do with his photography, but this one looks quite a bit like mine did. I've never seen one with a blue carapace, though. Most good pictures of them show the greyish carapace with brown throughout it.

Marcus - Glad to hear yours is doing well, she's looking great.

Bill

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by conipto
I think it has alot to do with his photography, but this one looks quite a bit like mine did. I've never seen one with a blue carapace, though. Most good pictures of them show the greyish carapace with brown throughout it.

Marcus - Glad to hear yours is doing well, she's looking great.

Bill
Well, grey with hints of blue hues.

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
She's a beautiful girl Marcus.
Does she stay out quite a bit? I can only see mine late at night with a flashlite, and then only for a second.
Great pictures bud.:)

Ernie

Shadrach

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Awsome looking T Marcus!

MR T I suggest going to Wal-Mart or Target and looking where the flashlights are for the head lamps and find one with a Red Lens. I got one for hunting snakes at night and they can't see red light so I tried the same on my T and it seems she can't see the Red light either maybe just a fluke but I can use it when she's out cleaning herself and she never runs. But turn on the regular light and ZOOM she's gone!

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks guys!

Does she stay out quite a bit? I can only see mine late at night with a flashlite, and then only for a second.
Usually she does, but she recently (about 2 months ago) constructed a beautiful burrow and I never saw anything but her butt or her front feet. hehe. But I was using a majority of soil in the substrate mix and new it wouldn't last too long. Sure enough, I saw a hint of white fungus on a far corner (luckily away from her burrow) and made a quick substrate change.

I got a chance to finally play with her for a little while. Didn't get any pics cause I was by myself. : ( I also didn't get a chance to hold her because I didn't want her running up my arm or anything with no one there to get her off of my back...literally. But I did get to watch her walk around the floor and she was very patient when I was petting her abdomen and her legs, they're so soft and fuzzy. But yeah, now she's on almost pure peat...as I can't seem to find any verm.

I think it has alot to do with his photography, but this one looks quite a bit like mine did.

That's right. She's extraordinarily beautiful in the right light. This, for example, was under a flourescent heat light in my bathroom. I recently found this light was best for taking pictures when capturing true colors. So far this is the only thing I've found useful about this light...it doesn't exactly give off the heat as it was proposed.

What was wrong with the poor girl?
I think she was suffering from a combination of dehydration and depression. I bought her from a Pet shop that was displaying her in a small pet pal with plastic carpet, no hide, and an empty water dish in a very arid room. Poor thing. I didn't think she would make it for the long. The funny thing is I actually laid hands on her and prayed for her and with a little work it all paid off. :D

Thanks again for the compliments...I'll relay them to her!

In Him,
Marcus

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Awww.. sweet :D I pray for my spideys also. That is great that you saved her.

Originally posted by Ephesians
Thanks guys!

Usually she does, but she recently (about 2 months ago) constructed a beautiful burrow and I never saw anything but her butt or her front feet. hehe. But I was using a majority of soil in the substrate mix and new it wouldn't last too long. Sure enough, I saw a hint of white fungus on a far corner (luckily away from her burrow) and made a quick substrate change.

I got a chance to finally play with her for a little while. Didn't get any pics cause I was by myself. : ( I also didn't get a chance to hold her because I didn't want her running up my arm or anything with no one there to get her off of my back...literally. But I did get to watch her walk around the floor and she was very patient when I was petting her abdomen and her legs, they're so soft and fuzzy. But yeah, now she's on almost pure peat...as I can't seem to find any verm.

That's right. She's extraordinarily beautiful in the right light. This, for example, was under a flourescent heat light in my bathroom. I recently found this light was best for taking pictures when capturing true colors. So far this is the only thing I've found useful about this light...it doesn't exactly give off the heat as it was proposed.

I think she was suffering from a combination of dehydration and depression. I bought her from a Pet shop that was displaying her in a small pet pal with plastic carpet, no hide, and an empty water dish in a very arid room. Poor thing. I didn't think she would make it for the long. The funny thing is I actually laid hands on her and prayed for her and with a little work it all paid off. :D

Thanks again for the compliments...I'll relay them to her!

In Him,
Marcus