h. lividum pre-moult???

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
my h. lividum has actually come out of her hide and now she has constructed a "hammock"/"bed" thing in the corner she is in...she has her legs pulled in over her carapace and is sitting in the web contraption she's made...is this a sign of pre-moult???

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Is she in an upright position or upside down? It certainly sounds like pre-molt behavior to me. Has she gone off food?

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
terridumonte, she's only eaten one cricket throughout the 3 weeks i've had her and that was when i first got her and she hasn't touched one...her abdomen is kinda slim but i keep her humidity high and her water dish full...so maybe it is a moult!

oh and she isn't upside down or vertical either, she's just laying there in that "hammock."

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Sounds like a molt to me! Do not worry yourself, she'll be fine and OMG wait till she comes out of that old ugly shell. You have never seen a more beautiful blue in your life!! Good luck!

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
to tell the truth this is my first cobalt blue and this will be her first moult...i'm just hoping it really is a moult and there is nothing wrong with her.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Do you have a camera? Once she's done she'll probably retreat to her burrow and you won't see her again. A good post-moult shot would be priceless.

Cheers,
Dave