h. lividum=no fun to switch to bigger housing

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i just put my h. lividum into a bigger tank and surprise surprise, she went psycho...hopefully she'll calm down real quick and realize that i put a kick as* new starter burrow in there for her.
first she ran out of the shoe box she was temp. in. then it took me like 30 minutes to get her to even calm down....after that i got an old box and let her crawl into it and then i put the bottom end into the tank and let her crawl out on her own...man if keeping cobalts is anything like having kids i dont wanna have kids!!

Risto

belewfripp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Children (usually) don't try to gouge your eyes out with their razor-sharp fangs,

Adrian

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Kid's aren't so bad as cobalt blue's. Humidity is less of an issue, and though sometimes more aggressive, they are really good eaters.

My cobalt HATED being moved. Though, a week later, she allowed me to handle her, and then again another week later. She also managed to bury herself by over-burrowing.. and that was fun to fix.

Bill

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i still can't wait for her to start working on that burrow i made for her.

Risto

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
i must disagree..

my children run all over the place, half the time they are quite spastic, it is very difficult to put them in one place and not have them run up the walls.
The bath tub is NOT a good choice to use when cleaning their home because not only are they slippery when wet but they also conduct weird scientific experiments ie: How tall of a tower of bubbles will an entire bottle of shampoo make? and ' if i sit on your head will you learn to breathe like a fish?'.....
As a general rule, T's stay in the container you put them in without escape...but my experience has shown that even a naked toddler will make a break for freedom out the front door if given half a chance...
Children also require an old refrigerator box or equivalent sized appliance box to be happy. Takes up much more space.