H. Lividum Lighting/App Issue.

WhyUBiteBite

Arachnosquire
So picked up a new H. Lividum today and went to log him in my tarantula App and discovered two issues.

1) the entire Haplopelma genus is missing? Am I just missing it? Because I had to add it which suprised me with how common they are.

2) Lighting, I'm trying to get a good photo of him for his app picture and everything I get he just looks like a black turd so that said does anyone have any suggestions for a spectrum of bulb that will bring out the blue in him so I can get his id photo done and it not look horrible?

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Most of that genus was recently moved in a revision to other places try Cyriopagopus lividum in the app ;)

"Smith, A.M. & M.A. Jacobi. 2015. Revision of the genus Phormingochilus (Araneae, Theraphosidae, Ornithoctoninae) with the description of three new species from Sulawesi and Sarawak and notes on the placement of the genera Cyriopagopus, Lampropelma and Omothymus. Journal of the British Tarantula Society 30(3): 26-51.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Now that I think about it, a lot of blue tarantulas look black. Here's a GBB that I saw over the weekend who looked jet black Repticon 3.jpg

WhyUBiteBite

Arachnosquire
Might try photographing in natural light today, we'll see how it goes. Thus far I can only get hints of deep blue with my phone camera.