H.lividum is the best T

pearson340

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
last night i gave my T a hopper only small it must of been somthing in the hopper she made a huge burrow and its webbed up in like 2 hours im looking forward to tonight see if she still does some digging do they do a tunnel system or just one burrow

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
From what I've seen in pictures, it's just one burrow. But, I think it's usually a really loooong burrow if given enough substrate.

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
last night i gave my T a hopper only small it must of been somthing in the hopper she made a huge burrow and its webbed up in like 2 hours im looking forward to tonight see if she still does some digging do they do a tunnel system or just one burrow
Mine dig complicated burrows, with more than one tunnel, sometimes even a "back door". You are truly lucky if you CAN see her, I rarely see any of my Haps. That's one reason I had a lividum tattooed on my shoulder!;) Yeah, they're the best!!

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i see mine all the time :D
great species
one of my young females

pearson340

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
love the pic she likes to say hello my only worry is if a cricket goes down the burrow and she dosent bring up the dead "mush" that it will create mold

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Longest run-on sentence ever! :}

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
love the pic she likes to say hello my only worry is if a cricket goes down the burrow and she dosent bring up the dead "mush" that it will create mold
Not to worry, they are pretty good about keeping the burrow clean. In the wild, it must be pristine, to keep predators from discovering their hiding places. So, in captivity, they tend to keep nasty little tidbits out of the burrow. Most of mine bring the food bolus all the way out of the burrow and deposit it in the water dish.

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mine dig complicated burrows, with more than one tunnel, sometimes even a "back door". You are truly lucky if you CAN see her, I rarely see any of my Haps. That's one reason I had a lividum tattooed on my shoulder!;) Yeah, they're the best!!
I have plans to do the same thing. Any chance of a photo? Even a pm? Thanks!

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
I have plans to do the same thing. Any chance of a photo? Even a pm? Thanks!
Well, it is on the official tattoo thread which is way too long, so I can find it. So, here is a kinda crummy pic:

And my latest:

K, now back on topic!! Lividum ROCKS!!

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
awesome tat mizm!:D
With apologies to the thread starter for getting off topic, THANKS!! The snake is not done, my tat artist broke his hand, so I'll be killing him before he gets back to it.

pearson340

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
nice tattoo BTW and also do they some out of there burrow to to cartch food or just let it crawl in the dark hole???

SNAFU

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Pearson-I have a female about 4" and she comes out frequently if its dark enough. I have seen crix creep down her burrow, never to return but, she is out quite a bit catching dinner also. Like the rest of my T's- if she's hungry she'll take a meal if it comes to her or she has to hunt it either way. :D

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
nice tattoo BTW and also do they some out of there burrow to to cartch food or just let it crawl in the dark hole???
Different individuals behave differently. I have one female that won't come near the top of her burrow if there are GASP, humans near!!! Others wait at the top of the burrow, it seems as soon as i start messing with the lid, they KNOW crix are going to fall from the sky!