H.LIVIDUM breeding question!

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
What makes you say that? I have dealt with her a few times she is a great seller and a really sweet girl..
Have you seen how she treats the spiders, and how she cares for them? Her husbandry is garbage, and so is she as far as T keeping goes.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Have you seen how she treats the spiders, and how she cares for them? Her husbandry is garbage, and so is she as far as T keeping goes.
You must be drinking.. Lol. There is more than one way to house Ts wether we agree with it or not it works for her..

She isn't plagued with chronic die offs and EVERY spider I have gotten from her arrived in perfect condition and thrived under my care..

I have never seen her treat her Ts badly.. I dont like the fish nets because of the risk of the T getting a claw stuck but it works for her...

Marita is a great chick and a great keeper IMO ..I wish we had a thousand of her in the hobby..

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
You must be drinking.. Lol. There is more than one way to house Ts wether we agree with it or not it works for her..

She isn't plagued with chronic die offs and EVERY spider I have gotten from her arrived in perfect condition and thrived under my care..

I have never seen her treat her Ts badly.. I dont like the fish nets because of the risk of the T getting a claw stuck but it works for her...

Marita is a great chick and a great keeper IMO ..I wish we had a thousand of her in the hobby..
She manhandles them and gives them no substrate for the burrowers, gives no cover for the arboreals, she just does the basics, and nothing else. Its not good for the spider.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
She manhandles them and gives them no substrate for the burrowers, gives no cover for the arboreals, she just does the basics, and nothing else. Its not good for the spider.
I heard the same thing said about Myself,Bob Clark,Kevin McCurly and others in the late 80s early 90S when we started keeping Boas,Pythons and colubrids in racks inside of steralite tubs.. Now look! Lol..

The thought behind it is that the enclosure simulates the burrow.. All of her Ts are doing great.. They look well fed and stress free and they reproduce under those conditions.. IMO her housing method works.

I can't think of a time that I saw her handle a T roughly and her channel is one that I'm subscribed to so I have watched just about all of her videos..

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Oh my! I had no idea! I hadn't seen the fella in ages but I knew it was still alive, good luck on breeding it! I thought it was still a juvie, even though I hadn't seen it in months. Sorry about that!

I got it as an H. lividum with it's two other sac mates about a year ago. Each one was about 1" DLS and have been growing quickly. If I remember correctly it was from the LLL exotics table from the LANHM bug fair last year (2015). One of them I think is female too since she was such a nice blue, but the other could go either way.

MMs from lividum and albostriatum look really similar, but this guy has a lot more blue than albostriatum would have. Plus the sac mates were both 100% for sure H. lividum so I don't see a reason this one would be albo.
@Willuminati...Species confirmed by one of our own.. I think that the female is too young to breed if they were sac mates though.. What is her DLS?

Willuminati

Arachnosquire
I think that's kind of small.. I don't know a ton about breeding asian species though so don't take my word for it..
Gotcha, I'm super stoked to know I've got a M and F of one of my favorite species! The third can still go either way so I can't be anything but stoked about that as well. Can't wait. :embarrassed:

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Gotcha, I'm super stoked to know I've got a M and F of one of my favorite species! The third can still go either way so I can't be anything but stoked about that as well. Can't wait. :embarrassed:
I feel you man they are beautiful! I'm supposed to meet up with a local guy today that had some on his pricelist.. If any are still available I'll snatch up one or two..

I'm happy to see so many new keepers interested in breeding there Ts! I hope you get a fat sac that produces a ton of slings!