H. lividium, C. darlingi, H. sanguiniceps growth rates

danielparra1911

Arachnopeon
How long (approximately) should these species take between molts as slings? They are all currently 2i slings. Just curious about their growth. Thanks

cold blood

Staff member
Depends on temps and feeding schedule.

Anywhere from 28-50 days....even under optimal conditions, some still take longer though.

cold blood

Staff member
Thanks... is this about the amount for most slings?
fast growers tend to be 25-45 days...many medium growers are nearly as fast when small and slow way down as they gain size.

Ive had small Brachypelma species go 4-6 months between molts....none of yours should really be nearly that slow.

danielparra1911

Arachnopeon
fast growers tend to be 25-45 days...many medium growers are nearly as fast when small and slow way down as they gain size.

Ive had small Brachypelma species go 4-6 months between molts....none of yours should really be nearly that slow.
Awesome thank you so much

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
All three of these species are fast growers. Maintain higher temps and regular feeding and they will be juvs before you know it.

danielparra1911

Arachnopeon
All three of these species are fast growers. Maintain higher temps and regular feeding and they will be juvs before you know it.
Great, Thank you! How would you suggest raising temperatures, the are all in small plastic jars, where I live we maintain a constant temp. Of about 65-70.

korg

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Great, Thank you! How would you suggest raising temperatures, the are all in small plastic jars, where I live we maintain a constant temp. Of about 65-70.
Place them nearer to a heat source, as Kezy said, or place them in some kind of elevated area where they'll be surrounded by the warmer air that rises up toward the ceiling (this may or may not have much of an effect depending on circulation in your home). Honestly, though, these species you're describing will grow fairly quickly regardless and I'm not sure you're going to witness a significant growth increase from slightly elevating the temperature in these ways. As has already been said, they'll probably molt once a month or so without any extra effort on your part and will be pushing into juvie territory soon enough.