H.judaicus - Operation unplugged

quiz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi all,
I posted a thread about my H.judaicus being plugged. http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=85439. For the past month, I seen atleast 3-5 spermatophore in my H.judaicus enclosure. I know for a fact that one of my females is trying to mate but she's plugged. She got that plug after giving birth or dropping a bunch of eggs and I guess 1 of the eggs got stuck. I'm getting upset because she trying to mate but it's always unsuccessful. I was talking to Scott-land few weeks back and was asking him about his Orthochirus that is plugged. Today, me and my girl decided to do a little operation. I took out my plugged H.judaicus and placed her in a deli cup with a hole in the middle. I packed her real nice and made sure that her Genital Operculum is right in the deli cups hole. Me and my girl started swabbing it with wet q-tips. The plug was really dry and hard but we managed remove it after 5 minutes. Now, my females Genital Operculum looks clean and hopefully it's next mating will be successful.

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi all,
I posted a thread about my H.judaicus being plugged. http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=85439. For the past month, I seen atleast 3-5 spermatophore in my H.judaicus enclosure. I know for a fact that one of my females is trying to mate but she's plugged. She got that plug after giving birth or dropping a bunch of eggs and I guess 1 of the eggs got stuck. I'm getting upset because she trying to mate but it's always unsuccessful. I was talking to Scott-land few weeks back and was asking him about his Orthochirus that is plugged. Today, me and my girl decided to do a little operation. I took out my plugged H.judaicus and placed her in a deli cup with a hole in the middle. I packed her real nice and made sure that her Genital Operculum is right in the deli cups hole. Me and my girl started swabbing it with wet q-tips. The plug was really dry and hard but we managed remove it after 5 minutes. Now, my females Genital Operculum looks clean and hopefully it's next mating will be successful.
Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. You didn't document that by any chance did you? I'd followed your old thread for a while and I was anxious to hear how it ended up. Now mate that gal!!

Great job!

Ed

quiz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. You didn't document that by any chance did you? I'd followed your old thread for a while and I was anxious to hear how it ended up. Now mate that gal!!

Great job!

Ed
Thanks bro!
I didn't take pictures. I just realized to take pics after I had removed the plug. But I took pics of the tools I used and how I placed her in that deli cup.
She still have 1 or 3 dots of scab. That's what the plug looks like (scab). I'm confident that she will be able to mate because there's nothing on her Genital Operculum to block the spermatophore plus her G.O looks alot better now. Not like couple months back when her G.O looks weird because it was spread open and had a ball of scab right in the hole. I seperated her from the rest of the colony and will be placing her with a male. I'll keep you guys updated if I find a spermatophore.