H. hottentotta

edie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hi :) i've been keeping tarantulas, spiders, and millipedes for a couple years now and i've finally decided to get a scorpion. the only experience i've had with scorps are taking care of my friends emperor when he was out of town and i've kept bark scorpions because they're all over the place out here, but i always relesed them after a few weeks.

anyways, i ordered a H. hottentotta that will be shipped here next week. i can't find much on them about care and i have a ton of homework to do now so i was wondering if anyone could give me any information. thanks
i do know they are pretty venomous, i'm not planning on handling it

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would search H.hottentotta on the search function.. I posted a similar question thread about them in the last month.. that should give you all the info you need :D

edie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I would search H.hottentotta on the search function.. I posted a similar question thread about them in the last month.. that should give you all the info you need :D
i read that one :) it was about keeping them communally though, right? i couldn't really find anything else with the search, at least the titles of the search results didn't seem to have much to do with what i was looking for except for yours.
i just need to know humidity & temp requirements, and how much they eat

edie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
No worries. how many did you get? what Instar? what color form?
i just ordered one, i spet too much money, i got 3 t's as well
all it says is that its 2" and dark, i ordered it from swiftinverts.com

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
nice.. well maybe you will be lucky and it will be a parthenogenic female and you'll have babies by the end of the year :)

edie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
nice.. well maybe you will be lucky and it will be a parthenogenic female and you'll have babies by the end of the year :)
that would be nice, i wouldn't know what to do with all of them though!

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
trade em for more scorps and Ts my friend! haha thats how u get your hobby to pay for itself.