H.hottentotta

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
anyone have advice on keepin H.hottentotta communally? can it be done before maturity? or not until they are full grown. any info would be great. thank you all for your time.:D

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've kept adults together with great success, absolutely no cannabalism. My 2 that I have left always share the same hide even.

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Havn't had the opportunity to, yet ;). When mine pop I plan to keep a couple of them together and see how it goes.

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
cool! well I look forward to having these guys.. are they active and entertaining? or are they boring scorps?

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
IME they aren't too active. I see mine out of their hide about once every 3 days or so and they usually dont do much, they are still beautiful scorps though. ;)

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Im sure I will too!! now I will just have to get more of them :D (other Hottentottas I mean)

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have two H. hottentotta scorplings in a single enclosure. I provided them with a driftwood hide. They are feeding well and have molted to 3rd instar. I have not observed any aggression towards each other, not even during molting. I also noticed that the like to huddle together. I guess I will separate them when they molt to 4th, only because the enclosure will become too small for them.

Thiscordia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have 2 H. h 1 H. judaicus & 1 A. amoreux in a 10 gal tank.
I ran out of tanks so i had to use it and its been working for over 2 motnhs.
Hottentottas are a very communa spp. so i guess you don't need that much of experience to keep Hottentotas together.
-.Raul

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
wow.. that must be an interesting tank dyanmic! lol I would love to see the interaction of them at feeding time haha :D thanks for sharing. have any shots of that?