H.gigas vs p.murinus

Goodlukwitthat

Arachnoknight
If you want a "challenge" You can borrow my G. rosea/porteri...she makes the feistiest OBT look like a saint. Open her lid, she immediately threat poses, drips venom with her fangs spread out wide and those legs outstretched as far as they can go just begging for you to give her a hug. I actually feel sorry for the roaches that get tossed in her home.....She's just evil.

I can assure you that if you get a H. gigas, you willl, at most, see it for the first couple weeks before it completely turns into a pet hole....Containers of dirt are so awesome to look at. Also, you'll never know if you have a male or female unless you buy one that's molt confirmed...cause you NEVER see them...and with the 3 molts I have gotten from mine, all were chewed up with nothing to even guess at.

Triple6Carbon

Arachnopeon
It's all about the OBT! Absolutely insane! Just be careful cos it'll take no prisoners! I love mine although she still hasn't eaten which plays on my mind when I'm misting her enclosure!

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Ah ah ah :rofl: read those two last comments above only: tristan4033 that wants to... 'borrow' what? Let's say an 'OBT' just for laugh... and this man, Triple6Carbon in full 'I don't give a damn' mode on his first post :-s

Fantastic :)

BrockiePelma

Arachnosquire
Given how relatively old the topic is,im pretty sure he already got the T he wanted but im gonna post my opinion anyway. regardless of experience, H.gigas yo!! they swim!! :D

BrockiePelma

Arachnosquire
Well If it was me,i already would've :p, and i might be already eyeing the next T at this point :p

nburgmei

Arachnopeon
OBT was my fourth T after two rose hairs and a A. avicularia. While I never got bit and it lived a long healthy life, I definitely made a bad choice. I almost got bit a few times and it got out and ran around my bedroom floor once. All because 7th grade me couldn't resist a pretty orange spider.

penngomifan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I had as a teen quite a few Tarantulas, Some were nasty! If you can handle the care then go for it. When I Say Teen I'm talking 13-14 My collection was quite big. Had some that seem to be impossible to find today. Anyways Opinions vary, I would never ask anyone what Tarantula they think I should get, Just get what you like. They are Tarantulas, and not hard to care for! Ever Raise a Kid? I got a 12 year old daughter, that is a hard animal to take care of! Got dogs that are way harder to care for and way meaner than the meanest Tarantula. There bites are far worse as well!

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Don't mist. A water dish always full is more than enough when it comes to the humidity parameters for a juve/adult 'OBT'.
true! And in all honesty, i even gave up on a water dish will any obt i owned. Especially my breeder female i raises from a tiny sling.

They all seem to despise water dishes and will do anything they can to empty and hide them. I eventually just resorted to dumping a few drops onto her/their heavy webbing for drinking once in a blue moon. Other wise i keep them completely bone dry. They are probably one of the most bullet proof tarantulas ive kept

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
says the guy who got bit by his chalcodes. :meh:
its not a race, no one will respect for owning any OW so early, complete opposite in fact...

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Would anybody care to tell me whats with all the hate on my original post here?

kevinlowl

Arachnoknight
You should get Heteroscodra maculata dude. Heard that one has pretty rad venom.

Last edited:

mistertim

Arachnobaron
Not sure why you need to jump into those. I'd suggest (from my own experience) getting a GBB or Psalmo before you get into OWs.