H. gigas sling pics

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Here's a few pics of some of my H. gigas slings:

Caught you peeking:

Feed me daddy:

This one's a little blurry, but goes to show how little room they actually need:

Scott

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I know nothing about keeping that species especially when their small, but isnt that little jar too small a cage for them?

Mark

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
It actually is, I have yet to get around to rehousing it. It does just go to show that they really Don't need alot of room though. This one and the others have molted in containers that size numerous times without any problem. Now I just need to find room for the deli cups that I'm going to move them into.... ;)

Scott

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I vote more room as soon as possible. I hate to see anything cramped in anywhere. My slings have deli cups that are about 20 times their sizes. My beloved iguana has my bathroom as his cage.

Devildoll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
eh... it happens w/ the small vials.... i have one that was in similar situation.... it's actually a spider that doesn't seem to care at that size.

though you're lucky scott... i don't ever get to see my 3 H. gigas...
oh well....

cool pictures.....

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Gotta love 'em! My H. gigas does the jack-in-a-box routine every time I feed it.

Nice pics, Scott!

Rookie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What's your secret?

Scott,
How do you get such awesome pictures? Pricy digital camera, or are you a photographer with a scanner?
Paul