H. gigas question

Frazier_05

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey guys,
Alright here's my question, I have a newly molted H. gigas that is pushing the 5 inch mark in legspan, and I presently have her in a hexagonal aquarium, not sure on the size, but I would say it's a 5 gallon at most. Now, with this latest molt, which was 2 days ago, and after a meal last night, I would like to move her and give her some more room to tunnel and move around. Now, what are some ideas for an enclosure on this species? I know it has to be deep, but I am out of ideas as far as what to use. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all!

Brett

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
5 gallon should be ok....... I dont see them needing more. The one that I had back in the day stayed in a 5 gallon square tank and did just fine. She layed a sac and died....... :8o But left me with 214 babies. :D

Frazier_05

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Talkenlate, thanks for the response. Yeah I may just leave her, but at least clean her tank out sometime and maybe readjust things a bit. Well I would have to say that's a more than fair trade. Sad that your big girl died though.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ya crap happens.... but she was a fun T to have.... I called her my lil ninja cause she would be in her hole all day but at night she was fearless and was out and about all the time.