H. gigas moving on to bigger and better things

Benson1990

Arachnoknight
So after it's last molt I feel it's time my H, gigas moves on up in the world, I've an xl kritter keeper like container, 21L, all prepared for him/her, I've 7 inches of peat moss substrate for it to dig in, hoping I can actually see the burrows now that it's in a clear enclosure but even so this T is out quite a bit, not very reclusive at all.

New enclosure not finished yet, will put a hide and a water dish in tomorrow.

Attachments

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
Arachnosupporter
I would be careful with kritter keepers with moisture dependent species. You’re going to need to keep a close eye on it. I lost a Megaphobema robustum because I had just moistened the enclosure 2 days prior and it completely dried out. Since then I haven’t kept any moisture dependent species in them and I haven’t lost any.

It can be done, I would just keep a close eye on it is all.

Benson1990

Arachnoknight
I would be careful with kritter keepers with moisture dependent species. You’re going to need to keep a close eye on it. I lost a Megaphobema robustum because I had just moistened the enclosure 2 days prior and it completely dried out. Since then I haven’t kept any moisture dependent species in them and I haven’t lost any.

It can be done, I would just keep a close eye on it is all.
I live in Ireland so the relative humidity here is quite high, I've never had a problem with things drying out, I've actually had problems with them not drying fast enough, but I'll definitely be vigilant.