H. gigas making sperm web?

AlbatrossWarrior

Arachnosquire
So until now I thought my H. gigas was a juvenile female. She/he is only about 4-4.5 inches, and tonight as I'm just scanning my T's while getting food for my rats, I see her/him moving his/her pedipalps up and down underneath a web mat. I looked closer and her/his pedipalps actually look like a males?! Almost like he/she was collecting sperm off the web...But I've never had a male before so I don't really know :rofl: I took a video but it's really hard to see through all the webbing. Posted it on facebook cuz I'm tired and couldn't think of any other way to transmit it from phone to computer
Sorry for the noise, HUNGRY rats :hungry:

AlbatrossWarrior

Arachnosquire
Nvm guys, hahah, just did some research and looks like I've ended up with a very miniature male :D "Nexie" wasn't the smartest name for him I suppose :rofl: I'll rename him to "Nexus" or "Nexio". I DID think he was looking quite leggy for a female. Time to start looking for his one true love :D

Marijan2

Arachnobaron
vid's unavailable for me
edit: nvm, it works now for some reason

AlbatrossWarrior

Arachnosquire
vid's unavailable for me
edit: nvm, it works now for some reason
He finished his sperm web and was laying on top of it in the video, with his pedipalps hooked underneath it to collect the sperm. Now he's destroyed the whole thing :rofl: I'm still laughing at this whole thing, just got him out of his burrow to measure him (he's surprisingly calm, hasn't threat posed me since the beginning of this year, actually) He's barely four inches when stretched out :rofl: This is too funny, his bulbous pedipalps were so small I must not have noticed until now

Marijan2

Arachnobaron
Look for the bright side of it, now there's a reason to get female to pair him :angelic: