H davidbowie not feeling too hot

Pepper

Arachnosquire
Theyre just sitting at the bottom, hanging onto the wall but touching the sub. I put like 8oz of water in the sub last night and no change. This is a very new development, they were high on the wall a few days ago, and ate monday. What am i doing wrong? 20200429_140912.jpg 20200429_140919.jpg
Edited cause i put the same picture twice

NYAN

Arachnoking
If the spider is responsive, there’s no issue. They do weird stuff like this sometimes.

Royalty

Arachnoknight
xD Awww booty print! I want one of these someday. I am in Canada tho so sellers are a bit limited.

Pepper

Arachnosquire
ok update on this less than a month later. Today when i woke up (~10 hours ago) i saw this guy laying on his back right under his angled cork bark. "maybe molting" i thought, no death curl or anything. Hour after hour, there was no change. ive been monitoring her all day with no movement and finally decided to get in there myself. Lifted her out with forceps. she's limp, definitely no death curl tightness to the legs. The only weird thing i can see is in the first picture where the front most part of the underside (please tell me the term, i googled and its like the whole maxilla(e?) and labium section) is popped out, angled out from the point its still attached to on the sternum, away from the chelicerae.
Is this a mature male that just died of old age, or the same for a female? I am very unfamiliar with sexing non tarantulas. The last molt was 9/26.
Any recommendations for preserving this body, inside the US? Should i freeze it?

ReignofInvertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Probably old age IMO. I was going to say possibly some sort of parasite but if the last molt was in September he’s getting pretty old. Is this a wild caught or captive bred?

Pepper

Arachnosquire
Probably old age IMO. I was going to say possibly some sort of parasite but if the last molt was in September he’s getting pretty old. Is this a wild caught or captive bred?
i bought it from a reputable invert breeder at a con. I am in KY, pretty unlikely it was WC.
You can definitely tell its a male from the palps? i have a H boiei with the same thing but i can tell its a male by the color.

ReignofInvertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i bought it from a reputable invert breeder at a con. I am in KY, pretty unlikely it was WC.
You can definitely tell its a male from the palps? i have a H boiei with the same thing but i can tell its a male by the color.
Oh, didn’t look at the photo. I’m actually not 100% sure. Those palps don’t look too big or bulbous so I’d lean towards female. Usually it’s pretty obvious when you look at the palps from the side, males will have swollen ones. As for why the spider died, I’m not sure. If you got it as a CB then it definitely isn’t a parasite.

NYAN

Arachnoking
It’s a female. If you got it as a subadult, it was probably wild caught also.