Guys what means L2 in Aphonopelma chalcodes L2

Xmariokiler

Arachnopeon
I am looking to buy this t and seller wrote it and I don't know what it means

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
I am looking to buy this t and seller wrote it and I don't know what it means
They probably wrote I2 (capital letter i), which means the sling is second instar. An instar is a completed molt cycle, so I2 (or sometimes 2I or 2i) means the sling has completed its second molt cycle and is currently on it's third.

Marcostaco

Arachnobaron
Means 2nd instar

They probably wrote I2 (capital letter i), which means the sling is second instar. An instar is a completed molt cycle, so I2 (or sometimes 2I or 2i) means the sling has completed its second molt cycle and is currently on it's third.
Some sellers actually use L2 but ultimately means the same

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
They probably wrote I2 (capital letter i), which means the sling is second instar.
OP is from Poland so it's L2 which is 3rd instar iirc (I believe they count the instars from which the tarantula can feed on its own).

Thanks man but can I know how many cm this t is gonna be? pls
Probably not more than 1cm, your best bet will be to message the seller and ask them to give you a rough measurement though because L2 only indicates how many times it's moulted, not how big it is (an L2 A. chalcodes isn't the same size as an L2 G. iheringi).

Xmariokiler

Arachnopeon
Thanks man but I can I know how much cm is this coz I wanna buy proper size enclouser and I don't

Thanks man but can I know how many cm this t is gonna be? pls
OP is from Poland so it's L2 which is 3rd instar iirc (I believe they count the instars from which the tarantula can feed on its own).

Probably not more than 1cm, your best bet will be to message the seller and ask them to give you a rough measurement though because L2 only indicates how many times it's moulted, not how big it is (an L2 A. chalcodes isn't the same size as an L2 G. iheringi).
Thank you man
Btw this is on another topic but could you advise me what kind of heat lamp would be good, or if heat lamp is bad idea, what to use to rise temperature in enclouser coz in poland sometimes weather is like 10C more or less, and it's too low to run furnace and I don't know what to use in these situasions

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
It means it’s going be smaller than you’re probably expecting and take a long time to grow up being an Aphonopelma 😉

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Thank you man
Btw this is on another topic but could you advise me what kind of heat lamp would be good, or if heat lamp is bad idea, what to use to rise temperature in enclouser coz in poland sometimes weather is like 10C more or less, and it's too low to run furnace and I don't know what to use in these situasions
Heat mats are a safer option, the thread below goes over how to use them safely.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer

I think you are right on that re feeding