"Gut feeding" mealworms with dogfood?

TomKemp

Arachnoknight
I mix cat food in the blender for my crickets and Dubia (I rotate Catfood and Oranges with my Dubia). My superworms live in a large sterilite container full of oatmeal. Never had a problem.

ThisMeansWAR

Arachnosquire
I mix cat food in the blender for my crickets and Dubia (I rotate Catfood and Oranges with my Dubia). My superworms live in a large sterilite container full of oatmeal. Never had a problem.
I'm getting my first batch of Dubia tomorrow so I'll also be going for the kibbles & oranges.

PolarisTR

Arachnopeon
Inbetween fruit meals I let my Dubias eat HP Sauce. A quick splodge and they're all over it.

ThisMeansWAR

Arachnosquire
Never thought to throw in dog kibble...its what I use for "substrate" for my dubia...when the kibble is gone, I know its time to clean the enclosure. They also eat mostly fruits and veggies.
Do you grind up the pellets or just throw them in whole?

Wonder how nuts (peanuts, pecans, etc.) would go over for the mealies...dubia as well.
It think nuts are very fatty and full of oil, don't know how that would go down. But I guess there's only one way to find out!

cold blood

Staff member
i dont grind them....i just buy the cheap stuff from the dollar store and pour it right in.....no feeder needs kibble to be ground.