Guppy control

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
So I got some guppies to feed to my fishing spider. Well they had babies and there babies had babies. What do I do with them. I don’t use them as a feeder anymore because I prefer crickets.
maybe ask a mom an pop pets store to see if they are willing to do a trade for feeders probably better off buying a new pet that you can use the guppies as feeders for like a small cichilid tank

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Don't crucify me for this. I'm not condoning this, nor have I ever done it. But, down here in the south people who fish will use just about anything for bait. Catfish aren't picky! Lol

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
guppies would be better to get pan fish to use as bait for the big catfish

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Obtain a itty bitty baby O. Hannah. Poof. No guppies.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Get larger fish and feed them off.
I've had fish tanks forever. Fun hobby. But not as easy as spider enclosures.

Albireo Wulfbooper

Arachnoprince
It is possible to identify their sex before they become mature. We had this same situation and ended up laboriously separating them into male and female tanks (which involved carefully checking the female tank once a week to remove any young males, since half the females were pregnant when we originally separated them). Within a month or so, we had halted population growth. We ended up deciding not to continue keeping guppies, and just let them all die of old age eventually, but if you wanted to maintain a small population, you could have a separate breeding tank and just introduce a small number of males and females to it, wait a day or so, and then remove the males. Then you just need to wait for the newbabies to get old enough to sex before putting them into the main male and female tanks.

jarvych

Arachnopeon
get some oscar fish! they are like the labs of fishes, voracious eaters too!