*Gulp* Need help Please?

tarantulagooroo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
*Gulp* Guys my sling A. Avic is stuck in its molt, it can walk and stuff, but 2 of its midlle legs on each side are stuck in it, I kinda need help :S

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You might try making it drop its legs.. I have done it a couple times.. The T's will make it.. Just wait until the sling has hardened up so you dont cause it anymore harm..

*Edit* Before you try making it drop its legs.. If its one of those avic slings I sent you.. Get a q-tip.. Wet it & try rubbing the legs that are stuck in the molt. It might help get the molt off.. I have done this several times.. Try this before you try making it drop its legs..

tarantulagooroo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yeah, its one of those slings, do I need to wait till it hardens up to do the q-tip trick?

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Happened with my versicolor . . . I just let it be (about 1/2") and it didnt drop its legs or anything . She died :( But I have heard that rubbing the legs with the q-tip thing works well .

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah, its one of those slings, do I need to wait till it hardens up to do the q-tip trick?
Yeah.. Let it harden up before you try using the q-tip.. If it just molted & try it.. You could cause the T more harm with its exo still being soft.. So just keep an eye on it.. Once it hardens up.. Try the wet q-tip.. If that does not work.. Grab your tongs & try to get the T to drop it.. If the T. drops its leg it wont bleed much..

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Alright, do you think that the running a hot shower trick would work?
No.. Internal moisture is what is important with a molt.. Not external..

The deal with the q-tip.. All its doing it wetting the molt down & tearing it off..

tarantulagooroo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Alright, well I saved one of the legs, but had to make her drop a couple... yes I said only 2 were stuck, but I was wrong.....