Guilty about prodding sling.. :(

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I gave my G rosea, a medium cricket to much on as it's been 8 days since it's last cricket. After it caught the cricket and seemed like it's doing it's thing by starting to munch on it, I came by and checked it's vial 2 hours later to find it let the cricket go and now it's at the bottom of the vial with the T. I was now saying to myself, how do I get the uneaten remain out without bothering the T. After trying to move the substrate to get the tweezers in to pick up the crick but not successful, i told myself I have to prod the little out into a temporary empty vial while i go to the bottom of the substrate to get that cricket remain out. I used a paintbrush to try and gently touch it so it can go into the other vial to no avail(did this for about 30 secs of very very gentle touching). I then thought why don't i used the brush tip to get somehow tuck under the crick body and take it out, that's exactly what i did but I feel guilty about prodding my rosea sling and it's burrow and tunneling is all gone :( to make the removal happen, just a heap of substrate is in the vial all together with the T at the side of it...no way did the T act defensive or kick hairs during this entire situation. I still feel bad for trying to force it.. atleast i found an alternative to remove the crick and it worked...

My next issue is how can I clean and try to remove shells or if uneaten parts are left if my aureostriata eats in it's burrow under the back of it's claypot hide. It this happens it looks like i have to get it out as well or find a way to get out what's left..any help on this?

Edit: I apologize for the title: No way did I actually prod the sling but just gently touched it with the brushtip..

Last edited:

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
with dry spiders like those you don't have to be *as* anal about removing prey remains.

the spiders that have nasty things happen to prey remains are the moister fellows.

but i just tweeze out what i want and don't worry about doing a little rearrangin in a vial... all my bugs are doing fine so far :)

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
with dry spiders like those you don't have to be *as* anal about removing prey remains.

but i just tweeze out what i want and don't worry about doing a little rearrangin in a vial... all my bugs are doing fine so far :)
Thanks a lot for the assurance, reason i had to try and get the spider out is also because I got a short tweezer (4inches or so), I'll get my full set soon and that will have many tips with tweezers ranging from 4.5inch short(1) to the rest being 6-7inches long...once i get my tweezers I'll just run the tweezers to the bottom and grab the remain and take it out, even if it means changing up the sling's burrow and moving substrate...thanks again! :D

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
accidental rearranging

The T really wont mind if the substrate and/or burrow gets a little messed up, you will often see them rearranging the burrow and substrate themselves. Use slow careful movements with your tweezer when working inside the vial.

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The T really wont mind if the substrate and/or burrow gets a little messed up, you will often see them rearranging the burrow and substrate themselves. Use slow careful movements with your tweezer when working inside the vial.
Ooo of course, my little rosie already started it's reconstruction..:D