Guess who came out of her hole.

kripp_keeper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So my E. murinus actually came all the way out of her burrow tonight. Normally when hunting she comes half way out, and waits for the cricket to get close enough. Well tonight I guess she really wanted that cricket, and she came all the way out, and even let me get close enough for some really crappy pics.

The glare was annoying me so I tried a flashlight and no flash.

Well apparently she didn't like the flashlight, because this was the next picture I took.

Then the cricket went right in front of her burrow, and in a flash she got it. Sadly I only got a picture of her going back down and crunching the cricket.

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Can you post a picture of the whole cage? I would like it as a reference for my E. cyanognathus. I never see her either.

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I will try later. Are you wanting a top view?
No, just a long view of how it is, my E. cyanognathus digs from the side corner of the cage, then webs it up to the top. But I guess I see her more this way, I just hope she is happy like that.

kripp_keeper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Her burrow is in the back right corner with the mound of dirt sloping down to make a exit towards the middle. That fake plant that you see in the pictures used to be stuck to the glass along the back, but she pulled it off and bent around the exit of her burrow. I guess she did this for extra coverage. I was pretty surprised to see she was strong enough to actually pull it off the back of the glass(it was suction cupped). She has a water dish in the front right. And about 7inchs of Exo-Terra "tropical soil". I also put random bits of moss and fake plants leaves(just the leaves) around. She incorporated almost all of it into the mound of dirt she made.

I will get a picture later if I don't forget.

EDIT- Forgot to mention about seeing her.

I see parts of her often. Her burrow goes down, and then curves off to the front. So when she runs even if I look straight down her burrow I can't see her. I can go up anytime from 10pm to 10am and see her feet and part of her head. This was just the first time since she dug her burrow that I have seen all of her. I do how ever know she comes out all the way, because she sprays poop up through the screen top all over my shelf, and she does this on the opposite side of her burrow.

Last edited:

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What kind of caging is she in? Thanks for all the clarity of the cage setup.

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
This is one of my fave T's SO UNDERRATED!!!!

Great shots, love to see your whole tank too. How deep is the strate, how big is she???

Nice pics.

PIG-

kripp_keeper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This is one of my fave T's SO UNDERRATED!!!!

Great shots, love to see your whole tank too. How deep is the strate, how big is she???

Nice pics.

PIG-
She was sold to me as 5 inches, but I would say she is bigger then 5. The sub is around 7 inches deep.