Guess what I got ......

Offkillter

Arachnosquire
So today I jumped in the deep end and got my first old world.My famaly and I went to our LPS and they had a deal I couldn't refuse I have wanted one of these for a while but was resisting the urge I'm trying to be a good boy I swore no more T's. Having said that this little Lampropelma violaceopes needed a home and to ensure it got a good one I had to take it with me.....right? So it's home and I'm happy,and cannot believe how fast it is.It's a little scary but it's small enough that i can adjust to it's speed and disposition over time.
I swear ( right hand in the air ) no more T's ( left hand behind my back fingers crossed).;);););)

P.s. Please T gods let it be female or someone on Arachnoboards will be getting a mature male for a breeding program in the future.

fretman08

Arachnosquire
disposition??? is yours defensive? i hold mine all the time no problems. best T I have

Offkillter

Arachnosquire
When I said "disposition" I was under the impression that Lampropelma have a tendency to be rather defensive. If that's not the case I'm okay with that.

Offkillter

Arachnosquire
Hey fretman08 if it's a male it's first come first serve so your it.How long can I expect this guy to take to mature?

Last edited:

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
To first poster: congrats on the first OW. I, too, remember saying no more Ts, and definitely no OWs. *pets C. Fimbriatus* Good times.

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
I got it as a gift...it bolted into the enclosure and I haven't gotten close to him/her since.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Congrats!! Now we need pictures :D

I see you're in Sonora... which LPS was it? I don't live there, but am really familiar with the area :)

Offkillter

Arachnosquire
Congrats!! Now we need pictures :D

I see you're in Sonora... which LPS was it? I don't live there, but am really familiar with the area :)
To be honest the pet store in Sonora is a little sad,noting but rosies,brachys and the occasional avic.We had to go to Modesto to do school shopping for our nine year old so while in the area we stopped by a cool little shop called pets choice.Really knowledgeable folks went out of there way to put me in a new spider.You got to love a good small locally owned pet shop.We wont go anywhere else,the big box guys don't seem to care about the animals or the customers.last time I stepped foot in a big box pet store I could have sworn that all the employees were zombies.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Our local LPS here doesn't even carry but the odd G. rosea now and again :( I remember back in the old days they had Avics atleast, and also Vietnamese centipedes!

Next time I am in Modesto, I'll check them out! Always nice to know where good pet shops are :)

Offkillter

Arachnosquire
Really great folks i cant recommend them enough! You should definitely check them out they always have an interesting selection of T's.I almost walked out with the seven inch P. rufilata they have but things are tight around here.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Oooh, you just had to say P. rufilata, didn't you? hehehe how much was it?

Offkillter

Arachnosquire
Beautiful spider when i asked about it they seemed pretty eager to sell I believe thy wanted something like eighty dollars for it.It was a large specimen being housed in a little aquarium.they were selling it as a package deal to avoid handling the "little sweetheart".I'm sure if you were seriously interested and the boss was there you could bring the price down.The spider has taken up permanent residence there I'm sure you'll have some bargaining room.If you get it consider me jealous. Pet's choice 3507 TULLY ROAD, SUITE 80-85, MODESTO, CA | 209-522-7387

I just realized that I might be wrong on the species,I remember that when I was there the info card on the spider said Srilankin ornamental.So that would be faciata right? So give a call before you make a trip I could be wrong.

Last edited: