Guess that plant

brolloks

Arachnobaron
Hi Everyone,

I have something special that germinated recently, and will hopefully grow big and strong without to much hassle.

Can anyone guess what it is? :p

schmiggle

Arachnoking
Wow!!! I will be very impressed if you're able to care for it. Where do you live/are you keeping it outside?

brolloks

Arachnobaron
I stay in S Africa, but not in the Cape Province where they grow naturally. I do grow mine outside in direct sun. They get morning to early afternoon sun. Need to move them to another spot that gets better air flow as they do tend to rot easily I have read.

This is my first attempt at growing Roridula, so will see how it goes :)

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If you can you should catch the bugs that live on them in the wild. Since all these plants is catch bugs but rely on the little assassin's to do the digesting for them.

That said those little assassin's should be raised and sold to others who own this plant ;)

brolloks

Arachnobaron
If you can you should catch the bugs that live on them in the wild. Since all these plants is catch bugs but rely on the little assassin's to do the digesting for them.

That said those little assassin's should be raised and sold to others who own this plant ;)
That would be a nice ultimate goal. Lets see how they grow first :D

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The fact you got them to germinate is impressive in and of its self. As for care according to Peter D Amato they do best if potted in a substrate meant for dewy pines (Drosophyllum lusitanicum) and cared for in a similar fashion.

phillipthephiddipus

Arachnopeon
As someone who cultivates CP, never have I been able to cultivate this plant let alone even have one. What soil? peat moss, perlite etc.

brolloks

Arachnobaron
As someone who cultivates CP, never have I been able to cultivate this plant let alone even have one. What soil? peat moss, perlite etc.
I have got them in a mixture of sphagnum peat, silica sand and perlite. I have planted the peat pots into larger terracotta pots. They are really tiny compared to the pots they are in now :p, but this will be their final transplant and hopefully they will grow well.

I only top water now and don't leave them standing in water at all. I water until it drains through and then only water again once the substrate starts to dry.

Will take some pictures of the new pots and post it.

brolloks

Arachnobaron
Must be a lot of work! Cool plant noneless though.
It just forms part of my daily routine of watering and caring for all my CP's. I always seem to just add more and more plants to my collection without considering the work that will go into caring for it all :rofl:

phillipthephiddipus

Arachnopeon
It just forms part of my daily routine of watering and caring for all my CP's. I always seem to just add more and more plants to my collection without considering the work that will go into caring for it all :rofl:
Once I got into orchids, my life was all about my plants.

brolloks

Arachnobaron
Got some snaps of the plants in their new pots. They really do look silly in the large pots :p