Guess That Burrow

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Think "Guess That Spider", only wildly unfair.

Exact same rules, only instead of posting a picture of the spider, you'll be posting a picture of their burrow or web tube. And yes, a burrow or web tube - no half-log hides, we're looking for legitimate burrows or web tubes here. Everyone gets three guesses, and the winner starts the next round.

Use contextual clues to figure it out! Diameter of the burrow, depth, webbing style, presence of urticating setae, humidity, etc etc etc. I don't think that this will be quite as hard as it sounds!

I'll start us off easy. Huge hint: It's an Aphonopelma species. Recently closed up shop in preparation for a molt (hopefully).
IMG_1347.JPG

magicmed

Arachnobaron
Think "Guess That Spider", only wildly unfair.

Exact same rules, only instead of posting a picture of the spider, you'll be posting a picture of their burrow or web tube. And yes, a burrow or web tube - no half-log hides, we're looking for legitimate burrows or web tubes here. Everyone gets three guesses, and the winner starts the next round.

Use contextual clues to figure it out! Diameter of the burrow, depth, webbing style, presence of urticating setae, humidity, etc etc etc. I don't think that this will be quite as hard as it sounds!

I'll start us off easy. Huge hint: It's an Aphonopelma species. Recently closed up shop in preparation for a molt (hopefully).
View attachment 223207
Hmm that looks like my A. Seemani's den?