Guess not...

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
i decided a goliath is way too dangerous, since i have so many brothers and sisters, i want a aggressive but not to aggressive T, that webs alot, thanks guys!

James

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Hmmm,
I was under the understanding that Usambaras and H. macs can be quite aggressive, especially the Usumbaras.

Peace,
Gillian

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Get an A. geniculata. Large, impressive, and not at all bashful. Although I don't think the T. blondi's are "dangerous", A. geniculata might fit the bill for you.

Botar

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Goliaths aren't dangerous...

While a Goliath is certainly not a good handling candidate they are far from dangerous.

And believe me if you don't want a Goliath based on perceived aggresion then you for sure don't want an usambara as they are about as tempermental a species as you can get. Also I would rule out a maculata as if intimidated by a blondi then you probably aren't ready to deal with a maculata moving at light speed.

The geniculata mentioned would probably make a good choice but the blondi is no worse I assure you. Unless you count the hairs.

Phil

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
For a twelve year old, with even younger siblings, I would say definately avoid the blondi. The hairs could cause problems if not safeguarded against properly. Did you win this on another forum James? If so, have you told Kelly about your choice yet?

Bill

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey

yeah conipto i won this on another forum(petbugs) an dno not yet, he said i can pick something else and i am not sure,

James

schlinkey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The cyanopubecens (greenbottle blue) is supposed to be a great webber, and if you like colors they certainly have a lot of it ;)

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Aggressive but not too aggressive and uber-cool T = A. geniculata as Botar pointed out. Anyone who doesn't have an A. geniculata is missing out on what is one of the coolest Ts I've ever come across.

They're absolutely beautiful, not bashful at all, not big on hair flicking, and are voracious eaters. If I had to weed my collection down to just 5 species they would definitely be on that list.

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I was suggesting the P murinus and the H maculata because he said he still wanted an aggressive species but one that makes lots of webs. I know both species I suggested make great webs. But, if you want something less aggressive but still kinda feisty that is also quite big, go for the L parahybana

Theraphosa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How about getting a Haplopelma longipedum Vietnamese Tiger... these Ts are awesome....

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Why do you want a more aggressive species, James? Just out of curiousity, that is.

My advice to you though, if Kelly didn't specify, try to pick something off his list that's priced equal or less than the T. blondi is. He's a nice guy for sponsoring that giveaway every week, but don't take advantage of it.

That said, with what he's got in stock, and since you want something aggressive, I'd agree with the usambara that Jacen reccommended. If you can get past wanting something aggressive, I think everyone should get a B. smithi. Gorgeous animals, and great to show off with.

Bill

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey conipto

i feel expierienced enough, kind of like growing to a new level, i have 3 curlyhairs and an avic, and i love them!!! also i just really love the colors on aggresive T's, not that i am saying that calm species aren't colorful,

James

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Also, since you feel experienced enough.. don't forget the C. fimbriatus. They are gorgeous.. Even my 2" one is a beauty, WITHOUT the strong purplish coloring yet. Looks awesome with the strong contrast of legs/carapace/abdomen. However, I rarely see it out.

Bill

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yes, if you are going that route, I would also recommend the C. fimbriatus. I used to see mine quite a bit, but it molted in the last week and I've not seen it since. I'm anxious to see what it looks like now. Since that one is relatively new to the hobby, that might be an interesting acquisition... and Swifty has it priced the same as his T. blondi's.

Botar