Guess he wasn't hungry?

andrew_w_hill

Arachnopeon
I gave my 6" T. Blondi a regularly scheduled feeding last night... a 1.5" hisser. He took it, dug his fangs in, but I don't think injected any venom because it looks like the hisser was still fighting for its life an hour later (and not just the typical twitching), and none of the usual "roach goodness" was coming out. This morning the corpse was simply abandoned.

Guess he wasn't hungry? Do they typically attack something they have no intention of eating? And when should I try feeding him again?

kripp_keeper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I gave my 6" T. Blondi a regularly scheduled feeding last night... a 1.5" hisser. He took it, dug his fangs in, but I don't think injected any venom because it looks like the hisser was still fighting for its life an hour later (and not just the typical twitching), and none of the usual "roach goodness" was coming out. This morning the corpse was simply abandoned.

Guess he wasn't hungry? Do they typically attack something they have no intention of eating? And when should I try feeding him again?
Were you holding it in tongs next to his face? It might have just been annoying him.

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My 2" B. boehmei does this, I just keep it hydrated then try next week until he eats.

spiderworld

Arachnosquire

It attacked the roach in defence then! not in plan to eat it! thats why it didnt eat!

andrew_w_hill

Arachnopeon
Were you holding it in tongs next to his face? It might have just been annoying him.
No, I don't use tongs.

It attacked the roach in defence then! not in plan to eat it! thats why it didnt eat!
This didn't seem likely either, as every other aspect of his behavior suggested feeding.

And, to close off this saga, today I come home from work and he has consumed almost all of it. So I guess it was a "kill first, consume later" deal... maybe the T. form of the proverbial doggie... er... roachie bag?

shizam296

Arachnopeon
Yes definitely it was a roachie bag...lol...mine do this all the time...it's the "kill first eat later" policy.:D

andrew_w_hill

Arachnopeon
Well, I took another look and I guess he was sitting on part of it. He ate maybe 1/4 of the roach and left the rest. Kind of a waste if you ask me. Perhaps I should wait longer before feeding it?

bioshock

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
maybe he ate dinner at a sports bar and wasnt hungry for roaches??