Growth Rate For Pink Zebra Beauty

Maggie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Just wondering what the average growth rate per year is for this species. I have a tiny one i got from Swifts a couple months ago, wonderful little T.

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have an adult of this species that molted the January. It grew about a half inch from its previous size.

Joanie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've had mine for a year. When I bought it it was 3/8" and now it is just under 1 1/4". Compared to my other slings, that's pretty slow growth, and I've heard from others that Eupalaestrus species tend to grow slowly.

Maggie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thank you both.:)
I kind of thought that might be the case because i have noticed , even with the slings i have, that the growth rate is so varied.
This one was my smallest sling until today, but lol, now my Chaco Golden Knee claims that prize!
Even at this size though the PZB is very laid back, one species i hope to work a little more with in the future.

Beth-Tex

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I also have a itsy bitsy teeny weeny E. campestratus sling......barely 1/4" that just molted yesterday. I do hope it will be more laid back than the other two that I have. One of which is an adult female & the other is sub-adult female. Both are very very skittish & prone to bolt & run whenever cage maintenance is done or they are being fed. The sub-adult even came charging one day.......I didn't keep my hand in to find out whether its intentions were friendly or not.:p
I'm always afraid of one or the other getting out while cleaning the water dish, etc etc. The only thing I can think of is that they were WC. Hopefully the sling will be a bit different in temperament & act more like the general consensus that they are docile.:)

BTW.......when my sling molted......the colors are now.....well.....the best way I can put it.......is that it looks to be a clear greyish color......whereas before, it had a bit of a tan color to it with a darker rump. :confused:

Ohh.....edited to add.....the new size could be almost 1/2" now....still hard to tell as it is somewhat burrowed in its vial. Can only peek in from the side.:)

Last edited:

Maggie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
LOL, my itsy bitsy one has molted a few times and each time it doesnt look like the same sling!:)
Clarification. Whe i was talking about laid back, i was meaning this particular baby i have. It came out wrong! This is the only one i have had experience with thus far so i cant speak for an entire species,lol.
The one i have isnt skittish at all, in fact it usually makes a point to "check out" what i am doing and be an all round snoop.:D

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
"Laid back" is the usual temperament for E.campestratus. They're one of the most, perhaps THE most, docile species available. Great beginner T's, for more than just their docility!

Beth-Tex

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hmm....then I must have a pair of rowdy with escape-on-their-minds gals. :p Not the norm for E.campestratus, that's for sure.

Irma

Arachnopeon
I also have a itsy bitsy teeny weeny E. campestratus sling......barely 1/4" that just molted yesterday. I do hope it will be more laid back than the other two that I have. One of which is an adult female & the other is sub-adult female. Both are very very skittish & prone to bolt & run whenever cage maintenance is done or they are being fed. The sub-adult even came charging one day.......I didn't keep my hand in to find out whether its intentions were friendly or not.:p
I'm always afraid of one or the other getting out while cleaning the water dish, etc etc. The only thing I can think of is that they were WC. Hopefully the sling will be a bit different in temperament & act more like the general consensus that they are docile.:)

BTW.......when my sling molted......the colors are now.....well.....the best way I can put it.......is that it looks to be a clear greyish color......whereas before, it had a bit of a tan color to it with a darker rump. :confused:

Ohh.....edited to add.....the new size could be almost 1/2" now....still hard to tell as it is somewhat burrowed in its vial. Can only peek in from the side.:)

My little pzb sling molted for the first time since I got it a week ago and I was so upset as I just just missed it, I checked on hom before supper and after we ate there was the little skin.
Mine looks exactly the way you describing yours.

I want to know though, how often does our pzb slings usually molt?

Attachments

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
My little pzb sling molted for the first time since I got it a week ago and I was so upset as I just just missed it, I checked on hom before supper and after we ate there was the little skin.
Mine looks exactly the way you describing yours.

I want to know though, how often does our pzb slings usually molt?
Pretty old thread, but they’re generally pretty slow growers. And it largely depends on many facts, take a read through this thread:
http://arachnoboards.com/threads/molting-by-age.313172/

Irma

Arachnopeon
I'm sorry, I'm very new at this, still finding my way around and it's also my very first T. ever. Thank you though, I will read it...

fleetwoodmcc

Arachnopeon
Hey, you picked an amazing first. I think this is among the most underrated of the 'beginner' species and just blows away A. seemani, or really any Aphonopelma.

Goopyguy56

Arachnoangel
I've had mine for a year. When I bought it it was 3/8" and now it is just under 1 1/4". Compared to my other slings, that's pretty slow growth, and I've heard from others that Eupalaestrus species tend to grow slowly.
Mine is basicaly the same. Slow as they come. Only thing I have that might grow this slow is B emilia.

cold blood

Staff member
Mine is basicaly the same. Slow as they come. Only thing I have that might grow this slow is B emilia.
Always hilarious when people answer or comment on peoples quotes that are a decade old and the person hasn't been logged on for years.

People, check dates, that's why all threads and comments have dates on them...lmao.

fleetwoodmcc

Arachnopeon
Always hilarious when people answer or comment on peoples quotes that are a decade old and the person hasn't been logged on for years.

People, check dates, that's why all threads and comments have dates on them...lmao.
Yeah I was responding to Irma’s comment not the ones from 15 years ago lmao