Growth of my male betta

Speedy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
He is beautiful! It is SO nice to see someone that provides adequate care for their bettas..

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
See, in pet stores bettas are stressed,malnourished,sick, and sometimes have fin damage. In my case, my male was sold too young, hence why he looked like a female.

When you properly care for bettas, ones you see at the store that look drab brighten up fast and their fins heal and grow. I have yet to see an ugly betta that is properly cared for. If you keep them in a bowl you will never see them at their finest.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
He is defiantly a looker!

as a kid I had many bettas. sadly I kept them all in bowls.:eek:

It wasnt untill I was around 19 I learned how to properly care for them. I had one that passed last summer. neat fish.

H. laoticus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very nice! That's my first time seeing a male betta develop and it reminds me of a flower bud blooming into its full beauty. How long did that take?

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
He is defiantly a looker!
as a kid I had many bettas. sadly I kept them all in bowls.:eek:
It wasnt untill I was around 19 I learned how to properly care for them. I had one that passed last summer. neat fish.
Yeah, my first betta was also kept in a bowl, I too believed the people at the pet store. Amazingly, it lived for 6 years. It was in my room so the temp was always warm, solving the heating issue. I fed it betta pellets and bloodworms which is a fairly good diet. Today I realized though all that time he had fin burn and bad ich, but after having him I finally learned the right care for bettas and now I got this handsome boy.

Very nice! That's my first time seeing a male betta develop and it reminds me of a flower bud blooming into its full beauty. How long did that take?
From the time I got him to full growth, was 8 months.