Growing up

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
Hi guys
My little Avicularia avicularia male molted last night for the first time since I've had him. He's not so little anymore. Sdsnybny gave him to me as a freebie. I've had him now 2 months.

...sniff... My little boy's growing up.

Estein

Arachnoknight
I always feel the same way when mine molt. Although for some reason no one else thinks my little ones are cute when I bring their molts into work... ;)

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
Great news, his sac brother molted last week as well.
All this growing! And molting.... o_O
So how big is sac brother? Phred's now approx. 3" stretched out straight. I need a bigger container! Rats! He's really cute, real leggy!

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
It's so rewarding seeing them grow up, you really do have to take pride in it, to me they are my babies :D. I gotta say its going to hurt to send off my male C. cyaneopubescens for breeding though, having had the little guy since he was like half an inch, with the reputations females have. I'm worried for the little guy but I'd rather he do what he's meant to than wander around until he dies.

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
It's so rewarding seeing them grow up, you really do have to take pride in it, to me they are my babies :D. I gotta say its going to hurt to send off my male C. cyaneopubescens for breeding though, having had the little guy since he was like half an inch, with the reputations females have. I'm worried for the little guy but I'd rather he do what he's meant to than wander around until he dies.
Thanks for the post. At this moment I don't know anybody here who has a F A. avicularia. He's still a kid so hopefully I won't have to make a decision for awhile.
Wish your boy luck.

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
Thanks for the post. At this moment I don't know anybody here who has a F A. avicularia. He's still a kid so hopefully I won't have to make a decision for awhile.
Wish your boy luck.
Best of luck to you too! Enjoy him, they grow up faster than you think

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
All this growing! And molting.... o_O
So how big is sac brother? Phred's now approx. 3" stretched out straight. I need a bigger container! Rats! He's really cute, real leggy!
About the same size Connie

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
My little Avicularia urticans sling molted to about 3.5" recently and got its first dose of adult coloration, my Avicularia versicolor molted two days ago and is still only 4i. Congrats on your avic!

tetracerus

Arachnosquire
I always feel the same way when mine molt. Although for some reason no one else thinks my little ones are cute when I bring their molts into work... ;)
A kindred soul! I brought my A chalcodes molt to work. My boss thought it was super cool. The intern looked like he was going to have emotional scars forever from it hahaha. My boss and I then proceeded to tell the intern (who is from out of state) about all the lovely creepy crawlies that one can find here in Phoenix, AZ.

Estein

Arachnoknight
A kindred soul! I brought my A chalcodes molt to work. My boss thought it was super cool. The intern looked like he was going to have emotional scars forever from it hahaha. My boss and I then proceeded to tell the intern (who is from out of state) about all the lovely creepy crawlies that one can find here in Phoenix, AZ.
Haha! Luckily I teach environmental education so most of them are interested. Taking a molt into a restaurant to show friends didn't work out so great though...although at least the servers had fun sending each other over and watching from the corner.