Growing microgreens?

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Just curious, as I'm trying to become/live more of a 'healthy' lifestyle, does anyone grow their own microgreens? If so, what's your experience with them? Is it cheap to do?

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
I grow broccoli sprouts sometimes. Pretty easy. Goes well on salad and is great for you.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
I grow broccoli sprouts sometimes. Pretty easy. Goes well on salad and is great for you.
When do you usually harvest them? How many seeds do you usually use (weight wise) and do you have any recommendations on where to to order from to make it cost effective? Do you believe it's cheaper than the actually going to the store and buying the grown vegetable itself?

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
Check YouTube for how to grow broccoli sprouts. I use a mason jar with a screen top. It takes about a week for them to grow to the size you want to eat.

I bought a big bag of seeds for like $20 on amazon and 1 tbsp of seeds grows to fill a full mason jar so it’s pretty cheap and easy.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Check YouTube for how to grow broccoli sprouts. I use a mason jar with a screen top. It takes about a week for them to grow to the size you want to eat.

I bought a big bag of seeds for like $20 on amazon and 1 tbsp of seeds grows to fill a full mason jar so it’s pretty cheap and easy.
Just purchased a pound bag of mixed 'salad' vegetable seeds. Planning to start a couples trays a day or two behind each other to have a continued supply, hopefully it'll work out well. Thanks for the help!

Last edited: